DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that some gears make noise. Im just tryin to find a video of somebodys that makes noise to compare to mine. I REALLY need to find this.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
they shouldnt make that much noise. if the teeth get worn bad, there will be some noise. but if its THAT noticable, i would see about replacing it. have you noticed a drop in oil pressure?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brand new front cover, pump, and gears. When i got this motor it ran fine just had a oil leak. I tore it apart, swapped gaskets ect... Put it all back together then had this noise. I posted a video about it. I fixed the oil leak though. Well everybody i talked to thought it was the oil pump. I got a new pump, and installed everything. Still have a noise though.

·
Registered
220 Posts
is the timing belt to tight? sometimes if you have the belt too tight, there will be a whining noise.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i have it narrowed down to a bad tensioner pulley. If i spray it with wd40 it goes away for a bit. Think this is probably my problem?

·
Registered
220 Posts
that is very possible. be careful spraying lube around the timing belt. dont wanna give it a reason to jump timing haha. if you do change it out, go ahead and get a timing belt kit. they got em at napa. comes with new idler pulley, tensioner pulley, timing belt and balance shaft belt. not sure of the retail price. oh yeah, might as well replace the water pump while you are in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts