DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where to start here,well finally got the engine all together and in the car made sure everything was connected tightened etc and all is good... first few times car didnt want to start ok fine just needs a little time to get some gas up to the injectors try a few more time nothing, i look at the gas gauge its not moving off (E) so i get some gas about 2.5 gallons.. try it again and on the 3rd time or so it started and ran for awhile"i let it run about 2 minutes after the fans came on" ,engine was shaking bad so i turn it off changed the plugs go to start it and nothing it just spins and spins.. couple of things i notice when turn key to on position sometimes the C/E light does not go off..............
2nd thing the fuel solenoid will click and buzz,after it stops car still wont start...

i know in those moments of letting it run it didnt eat up those 2.5 gallons at idle.. im wondering if there is not enough gas in the tank,causing this..
or would the fuel solenoid making noise etc cause it not to start or maybe the ecu took a crap.. cause sometimes what i would have to do is turn the key to ON and let the C/E light go out and it would start up.........

thanks for any help.................

·
Registered
486 Posts
It only make sense that not enough gas would cause your problem..... but I'm not saying thats what it is.... sounds like you have enough.

I know your's probably right, but I have to ask.... are the plugwires setup right ? (Coil pack goes "Front of car" - 4 1 2 3)

·
Registered
204 Posts
did you ever figure out your problem?? I am having a VERY similar one in my car right now.....soon after I did a 1g head swap.....ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts