DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about getting a DP + high flow
cat. few questions:

- does anyone have problems passing smog
inspections with a high flow cat? i live in california.

- what kind of gains, e.g. 1/4ET, HP, can i expect from these mods?

- in addition to BR, who else makes them?

i have the following mods: k&n, DBrode upper IC pipe, 1G bov, Greddy EVO catback.

joe

·
Registered
97 Posts
Joe,
High flow cars should pass smog inspections without a problem. Adittionally if you are going to go with a 2.5 or so you can use a test pipe (off road use only) and then put the cat in when you have to go for inspections.

There are a couple of companies that make the dp's and cats. One is ofcourse www.buschurracing.com another is www.certifiedmuffler.com then theres me www.thedsmshop.com and www.extrememotorsports.com and www.roadraceengineering.com if you want more let me know I have so many links to keep posting them here

later

Richard www.thedsmshop.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
206 Posts
I made my own test pipe! Went to a junk yard and bought a used one for $20 dollars(kept mine for emissions testing) and gutted it. The performance gain was amamazing! It took me about twenty minutes to gut it and the best part was it was only 20$

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
dp and high flow cat

I would think a test pipe would be better than a gutted cat because the tp is an even pipe where the gutted cat opens up at the inlet and then necks down at the outlet. You would probably get even more power with the tp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts