DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the must do's for your suspension for drag race. I'm doing a full poly bushing kit. Diamond star specialties drag coil over with KYB AGX's. I'm also going to run 2g brakes in the front and TCE rear brake kit in the back. Any help would be great. What about the sway bars, are they needed or do they sell drag ones. Just looking for some input

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Sway bars aren't needed for drag racing, although a rear bar is good for high speed stability.

Alignment can help the car get the best traction. Set the front end with zero toe and zero camber. The front comes from the factory with slight positive camber. At the back end, set the toe stock specs, unless you have welded the toe-control link. With welded toe links you should set it at zero. Camber should be as close to zero as you can- it comes from the factory set up with -1.5 degrees camber.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info on the toe and camber. I am getting rid of the toe control. Do you think my shock and spring set up is good. So no front sway bar will be good. Anymore info or sites would be great

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Yes, you have a good spring/shock combo. You'll have to experiment with different shock settings to find the best combo. Generally, you don't want the back end to squat too much during a launch, and you don't want it to bounce or rebound too quickly. What are the spring rates for your coilovers?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts