DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys, need an some opinions here,I sold my SAFC with my old Talon now im stuck with no EMS, I am getting DSMLINK but im just waiting on a member on the board to let me know when I can get it from him! Well ya'll know the mods on the car my injector size are 650cc with Aeromotive FPR, if I drive with the boost down at 3 or 4 will I be ok?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Driving under boost wouldn't really be the problem, driving under every other condition would. The car would be so rich it would probably hardly start and then it would run so rich you could run the risk of washing down the cylinder walls with fuel.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CanadianTSi said:
Driving under boost wouldn't really be the problem, driving under every other condition would. The car would be so rich it would probably hardly start and then it would run so rich you could run the risk of washing down the cylinder walls with fuel.
so if I can get my hands on some 450cc would I be ok?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
How will you drive with the boost down at 3 or 4? What does that even mean? You cant turn your boost down to 3 or 4 psi. DON'T drive with 650s and no way to control them. It would be horrible beyond horrible.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
OP! Check out the rules man. Specifically #7

Yea and not a good idea. swap in some 450's til you get it.

·
Registered
938 Posts
If you lowered your fuel pressure as low as it would go (about 20 psi), and if you had a 2g mas, you might be able to get away with it. But it's still a bad idea, I wouldn't do it unless you absolutely had to drive the car.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Drive under boost and you'll be fine. Make sure you swap 450cc injectors in though. You dont want to wash your cylinder walls with all the fuel from those 650's.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
IF you have a 2g maf and you install a set of 450's than you will be running lean, you can get by with the 2g maf, 650cc injectors by lowering fuel pressure to around 25 base, if you have a logger you might watch the fuel trims because you can go to low and become lean, i've done this before and achieved a very good a/f ratio with just a fuel pressure adjustment. And would you guys quit telling him to run it in boost, that is about the dumbest thing that i've heard on here for a while, oh lets run it hard with a rich a/f ratio, great idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts