DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Elite DSMtalker
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want to read the whole storty start on Paragraph 1, if you just want the tech problem start on paragraph 2, also as a prerequisite im EXTREMELY tired so if i say the wrong names for certain parts im sorry, i normally get them right...

1) Well I was driving back from BK to work and in addition to hearing my normal suspected "worn wheel bearing" sounds i heard an addition thump/click/rattle whenever i made right hand turns, or hit bumps going straight. So i put it up on a lift the second i got to work (thank god managers at the dealers are gone after 6) and was poking around... i didnt see ANYTHING outta the ordinary. I just suspected some loose lugs or something, but nope. I lubed up the joints in the suspention (no comments you dirty dirty people)... also decided to clean off some oil from the bad oil pan gasket i had a while ago. Anyway, as i start to look with a flashlight around the oil pan i see shiny metal, not a good sign under the car.

2) A closer looks reveals i only had a 1/4" engagement between the intermediate and half shaft (or whatever they are called). Basically where the 2 halves meet (where it bolts to the block) they were no where NEAR fully connected. My guess is the c-clip broke or something? I have no idea, i just put the car down and limped it home since it was getting near closing time. Haven't checked it any closer than that. Is this a common problem? Ive never seen or heard of the shafts just separating randomly and making all kinds of funky noises. Cause the cv boot was literally SITTING on top of the lower control arm bushing. Grrrr... Just another brick on the load:mad:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts