DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used a dry nitrous kit on their DSM? Up until today, i never heard of such a thing as dry nitrous. A kid said something about it injecting into your intake? I dont know, but if anyone does, i would be interested in hearing about it.

-Later

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Dry kits usually use your injectors to add the extra fuel needed when adding nitrous. I think the Zex dry kit does it by raising your fuel pressure and the Venom dry kit might do it by actually making your injectors fire longer. A wet kit uses 2 solenoids one to control the nitrous and one to control the fuel. So when you hit the nitrous, it automatically adds fuel via its own fuel solenoid. A dry kit would only have the nitrous solenoid.

I don't run any type of nitrous, but if I did, I would use a wet system.

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,153 Posts
A "dry" kit is called dry because ther is no extra fuel added to it. its just a line that goes into your intake tube very simple but should only be used on a naturally aspirated motor. unless you have alot off fuel mods.
a "wet" system uses fuel at the same time and will help prevent detonation. i would only go direct port because if the nos is not atomised well it will cause damage to your #1 piston.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You guys obviously don't know much about a NOS Dry shot... The nitrous is sprayed into your intake and mixes with the air before it even gets to the cylinders. It works best with turbos as a spool up kit... that is if you can get a custom ECU program to manage your injectors. I know this because it's the recommended set up on TT 300ZX's, but we have custom ECU from Jim Wolf Tech to use =O)

Later,
Bucky Z
'90 300ZX
'90 Talon AWD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts