DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my car has popped and backfired for a very long time now with a good ecu tested in another car. I just bought a jap eeprom ecu and after installing it the popping and backfiring at 3-10% steady throttle has completly stopped! but theres a new problem. At the same exact throttle that made the car pop with the non eeprom is now making it BUCK like crazy with the new eeprom ecu.

it feels like the bucking you get with idle surge in 1st gear(when you give it no throttle) except it bucks even in 5th gear and i have no idle surge. It feels like it loses power (falls on its face) and then gains power if i hold the throttle steady at 3-10%(thats when the bucking really occurs). Any decent accelleration keeps the car from bucking. it doesn't buck at full boost or anything. Sometimes it does lag and fall on its face like timing was being retarded but that happens with both ecus. You almost have to punch it when you can tell its going to pull hard(normally lags if you go WOT before 4k most of the time)

I've tested the jap eeprom in another car and it shows no problems.

I'm thinking maybe my tps could be bad? Any suggestions?

I'll try to give more details later but any help would be greatly appreciated.

- John

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
what are your mods?
try to switch your MAS witha buddy to see if that might be it because a friend of mine had a similar situation and that was the prob

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try swapping the mas. I checked it earlier and its missing the lower honeycomb but the main one is intact.

mods- basicly full fuel system. 550s, afc, afpr, 255.
exhaust, ect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts