DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a '95 Eclipse GSX and I'm looking to make it a little bit faster. Anybody have any suggestions???? I'm not looking to take her to the strip, just enough to get a couple "kill stories". Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
K&N Filtercharger airfilter = ~$80
An upper intercooler pipe from Road/Race Engineering or Dave Brode = RRE - $100, Brode - $72. A 1st generation blow off valve either new or used = $50 - $75

That should get you 15hp or so for about $200 - $250 bucks. That should get you started. The K&N you can get from Summit.
I think it is www.summitracing.com .
Road/Race is www.roadraceengineering.com
Dave Brode has a website, there is a link to it at www.dsm.org There are a TON of different exhausts. Check out www.buschurracing.com or get the 3" cat-back from Thermal Research and Development. Good luck.
Make sure everything is in good working condition before you make ANY mods!

------------------
- Trent

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Just take a look at either Extreme's or Buscher's established mod paths. You can start there and go as far as your pocket allows. Both are very similar and usually the way most of us started out.

·
Registered
882 Posts
My request is similar but I have a 98 GS. I've heard putting in K&N and new exhaust is a good start for performance upgrading. Can anyone give me any suggestions? Feel free to e-mail...

~Jon

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you want some "real" performance out of the 420A (rs/gs), I'm afraid you have to turbo it. (used to own one).

There is a site dedicated to the n/a models
www.2gnt.com

------------------
=KTP=
99SpyderGST

[This message has been edited by DRagtop (edited September 29, 2000).]

·
Registered
882 Posts
Nah, I don't want to go that far. I would just sell my car and buy a GS-T or -X. I know it'll never be able to compete with the aforementioned cars, and I'm fine w/that.

~Jon

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
The upgrade path is pretty much the same whether you are turbo or n/a. More air in and more air out the back. N/a guys should go intake, header, exhaust, and for the big stuff go with cams and headwork. Nitrous is also the big power equalizer for the n/a guys. Good Luck.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i wanna know about people opinion on how good or bad the 420a motors is and also how it compares to the 4g363. i'm looking to by a car within the next year just got to get the money but i want to know which talon i should go with the ESI or the TSi probably the FWD one is the one i'll be getting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts