DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow DSMers,
I've had my beautiful DSM-Performance FMIC for my 1G Talon AWD sitting in my room for a little while... DSM-Performance forgot some clamps and couplers, and I am waiting for them to be shipped separately. But overall my experience with them has been excellent, I spent lots of money with them and never had a problem. Great customer care, prices and products.

Here's my baby:
http://www.dsm-performance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=36&products_id=59

Here's my problem:
The piping has been made by ChargedAir.com.
Don't even bother visiting the site to see pics of them because the site has only AFPRs under the DSM section...

Great looking pipes, mandrel bent and really nice welds, BUT...

...I need advice and tips on the install process.

I was provided with the 'short' routed pipes, and I was told by Tony at ChargedAir that I will have to either relocate or get rid of the overflow tank.

Has anybody ever done that before?
Have you ever installed this FMIC kit before, and have some useful tips for me so I can save time?

Thank you all in advance.

Walter

·
Registered
364 Posts
coolant overflow bottle will need to be relocated...can easily move it to where the SMIC is located as you will be removing that for the FMIC. also, on 90-91s the oil cooler needs to be moved closer to the driver side. look on dejontool.com under 1G Intercooler Pipes and they sell a FMIC kit with a coolant relocating bracket and oil cooler bracket. not sure your FMIC but usually the stock steel bumper reinforcement needs to be cut up a good bit to fit with the FMIC. can't wait to get my FMIC!! i'm pretty set on dejontool's FMIC, but i'll check out the one your getting on dsm-performance.com also. hope this helps. good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts