DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you think we compare to these turbo modeled cars? HP vs HP? 1/4 mile vs 1/4 mile? Stock vs stock?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Stock for stock, all three will lay a hurting on a DSM.

Flywheel HP:

ZX- 300
Supra- 320
RX7- 255? :confused:

ZX is good for around a 14.0 1/4 mile. The RX7 can dip into the high 13's, Supra around a mid 13.

·
Registered
489 Posts
DaygoErm said:
How do you think we compare to these turbo modeled cars? HP vs HP? 1/4 mile vs 1/4 mile? Stock vs stock?

For the price and mods it takes each to run low 12's (12.1) including the car the eclipse money wise wins hands down.

ie. my friend runs 10.43 in his 2g GSX and only spent 22k. that includes the 12,500 price tag for the GSX.

·
Registered
489 Posts
greenstreak said:
Not including the price of the car I believe it is easier to get a MKIV supra into the low 12's.

just intake, exaust, and some NoZ or intercooler

but you pay like 24,000 for the car alone for a 93.5. A little to rich for my blood.:eek:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Damn.. Daygoerm.. you don't want to race those kind of cars with ur mods.. you should go for cobra SVT's, Viper's or the Boyett.. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
What no comparison to the dsm's big brother the Vr4?:D I bought my stealth for 5 grand and went 12.7 for another 1000 in mods.pretty good for having the smallest turbos of all the twins and I was only running 12psi.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
BadAzzTT said:
What no comparison to the dsm's big brother the Vr4?:D I bought my stealth for 5 grand and went 12.7 for another 1000 in mods.pretty good for having the smallest turbos of all the twins and I was only running 12psi.
Agreed. Can be made quick fairley easy also.

·
Registered
489 Posts
BadAzzTT said:

I want a stealth for 5grand. Its not fair:(

·
Registered
70 Posts
How 'bout a fully built 4G63 with new tranny with only 1,000 miles in a mint 1990 talon w/ $9,000 worth of mods for....(drum roll).......$4,400. :D

Needless to say, I didn't have much buyer's remorse.

·
Registered
362 Posts
You Punk!

Boise_Tsi said:
How 'bout a fully built 4G63 with new tranny with only 1,000 miles in a mint 1990 talon w/ $9,000 worth of mods for....(drum roll).......$4,400. :D

Haha, nice buy! I'd go for it too even though I don't care for the 1G looks. But alas, a trip to the polyurethane surgeon conquers all.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Boise_Tsi said:

hmm? i got a pretty good deal like that, he ran a 11.9 no pony shot, fully rebuilt from alamo autosports and he wanted to sell it to me for 6k but i didnt want it because everyone would refer to it as his old car, i want my own, build my own, learn a lot while im doing all this :rockon:

peace

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah, I knid of wish I did more modding myself. I still feel like I'm driving someone else's car. And the 1st gen looks actually grew on me a bit.:) BUt sometimes I wish they did have more GOOD LOOKING body kits, not these goddy rice kits.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I agree that a supra responds to mods as well as a DSM. Toyota engines rarely break down also. but to answer your question the mkIV wins.

·
Registered
467 Posts
What about a mullet mobile. The Supra or the DSM will be the cheapest to make quickest.

·
Registered
749 Posts
im guessing dsm because fully built blocks for supras cost almost 10k :eeek: to much for me, blitz turbos are about 12k :beer: that would put a real hurt on most of us lol

peace

·
Registered
489 Posts
TurboEclipseGSX said:
im guessing dsm because fully built blocks for supras cost almost 10k :eeek: to much for me, blitz turbos are about 12k :beer: that would put a real hurt on most of us lol

peace

The cool thing is though, that supras dont need bottom end work. Not even to run 1000hp. The only thing to build on a supra is its head with; BIG ASS cams, springs (hi-rpm), port work, and a Veilside intake man. and throttle body.

And you can use a FP30 65 turbo on a HKS tubular manifold:D :D

·
Registered
749 Posts
true but eventually if you start hitting 10's in your supra your bottem end will go because thats what happaned to a guy name Wes i think at alamo autosports, he has a 94 tt supra hitting constant 10's but the bottem end went out so it costed him 10g and 12g for his new blitz turbos, not to mention the exhaust is the size of my head :eek:

peace

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.