DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
alanseijas said:
Nobody here is just out to flame anyone.

Also, IMO, testing a couple of wires to find the parking light wire is much easier than removing the radio.
true, and true

although you may be able to pick up the green/white between the dimmer switch and the radio easier... (just a counter argument to his location of getting it) <- probably the place I would try to find it, as I seem to recall seeing it between the 2 locations more often than not

·
Registered
79 Posts
alanseijas, it was testing the wire that caused me to knock the terminal off the back of the parking relay. There isnt alot of room to work down there. And well accidents do happen. Especially on 13 year old cars. And Besides The deck on a 1G come out with only 4 screws. I just found it alot easyer. I just reread my 1st post and i see how it might have rubed you the wrong way. Thats wasnt my intend, sorry for the mix up.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
anyone know much about hooking the wires up to the engine..... im haveing some trouble..... i have a extra plug.. 4 pins.. purple caseing, i think it goes to the fuel pump. but im not sure so far it dont seem to matter, we changed the motor out in a 1.8 clipse and i couldent get it to start (timing problem) fixed that and when we take the jumpercables off the battery, the car dies..... bad alternator, i guess were going to check the wires on that..... and someone told me that you gotta have a ground wire from the block of the motor to the frame of the car..... im not sure if we hooked that up or not, but is this vital?

·
Registered
21 Posts
there is a ground installed..... still cant get it to turn over..... i need the firing order for the distributor.... anyone know where i can get this?

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
If you're having a problem, SEARCH, then start a new thread if you can't find the answer or another thread dealing with your problem.

This thread is getting cluttered up with people posting about their problems instead of "DSM Wiring Information." It's getting to where we'll probably have to take this thread and clean it up some, because it's getting off-track. It's supposed to be a source of wiring info ONLY.

As for your question... the distributor firing order is in the shop manual... even the cheap $10 shop manuals. 1-3-4-2 going clockwise around the distributor, starting at #1. Cylinders are 1-2-3-4 starting at the timing belt side of the motor (drivers side of the car).

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have a haynes manual! cant find the fireing order in that..... sorry about the posts!! anyone know where i can find a diagram that shows what wires go to where from the wireing harness?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Venting

Hey I am trying to vent my BOV into the atmosphere. I went down to the speed shop and one of their techs told me there is a way to trick the ECU into thinking that the air is still coming into the intake so it doesn't run like crap by splicing two wires together. He said it was called the overload return sensor wire or something of that nature. So if you know anything about that let me know.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just wanted to thank everyone for this great post. Possibly the most overall helpful post i a long time. Really helped with my CD Changer install. It would be great if someone could put it together in large singular post with every year's little nuance and difference.

-Chris:hail: :rockon:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
There really aren't that many differences from what you've read here. As always, if anyone is having a specific wiring problem; just ask. :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
CNLaserRST said:
I just wanted to thank everyone for this great post. Possibly the most overall helpful post i a long time. Really helped with my CD Changer install. It would be great if someone could put it together in large singular post with every year's little nuance and difference.

-Chris:hail: :rockon:
if you look about halfway down the 2nd page (I believe thats where I left them) I posted each of the identical years wiring diagrams under posts titled with the year ranges that applied to those diagrams... granted they arent in the easiest place to find... they are grouped together also... and Alan is right (by the way heya Alan been awhile since I was here :)) there arent many differences, just some slight color variations on the door locks or windows if I recall...

·
Registered
198 Posts
ok i have a question for all the guru's:

I need to disable my stock alarm. I have a 1990 talon awd. you say that it is a green and white wire, then some one says its not. then it says its in the kick panel and someone says its not. so....

can anyone on this board tell me where i can find the actual wire i need to disable my alarm? it goes off randomly. also, where is the aproximate location? (not just kickpanel). this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! i have searched and searched but no one comes out and says it. maybe i have looked over something but i just cant find it!

THANK YOU ALL SOO MUCH, I NEED TO FIND THIS OUT!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
can anyone answer my question? i just need alittle help here!

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
All you need to do is bend the bracket for the hood pin switch so that the plunger on the switch gets pressed down fully when the hood is closed. That will stop your false alarm problems.

There is no factory disarm wire on a 1G. If you want to disable the factory alarm, you have to remove the theft alarm relay from the fuse/relay panel by the clutch pedal.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
I'm surprised this hasn't been asked before but why not just put up the electrical manuals from the DSM CD? I've got the CD and i'd be willing to share them since I wind up using the pictures from the manual when I reply to alot of threads here anyway.

I don't have anywhere to host them though and they are fairly large (around 50 megs total) but they are very useful so if anyone could host it then we could put those up and i'm sure that would really help alot of people...

·
Registered
908 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
parking lights: green/white positive in driver's kick panel
does anyone know where the (-)12v parking light wire is located. Or how to convert the +12v?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Just use a relay...zzzz

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok Quick question..i've searched everywhere and can't find a diagram of the ignition system for a 4G63 engine...anyone got one by chance?? And yes, i should have got a manual...but don't feel like getting one yet...

1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse..2.0L Non-Turbo..4G63

61 - 80 of 117 Posts