DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
This is some very helpful information!!
Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how i could get a hold of a dioed chart for the wiring harness to tell where all the dioeds are in the wiring harness. My girlfriend blew her 420 motor and got a new one to go in her RS and let a jacka** hook it up and he didnt finish it and he was pissed at her so he took a dioed out of the wiring harness and i wouldnt even begin to know where to look for it (at least that is what he is saying that he did) the car will start to turn over but it wants to act like it isnt going to catch spark and i have changed everything else so i think his bi*ch a** isnt lying for once Any help so i can get this eclipse moving Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
DSM Wiring harness

need help taking a 1991 auto 2.0l engine and harness and putting it in a 1994 5-speed 1.8l. have every thing done but the wire harness. can the wire harness for 2.0 auto be used for a 2.0 5 speed and how do you do it :confused: , Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
James92TSi said:
...Tach: White on Ignition Power Transistor, or Pin 21 at ECU...

Where on the engine is the Ignition Power Transistor? I have a 92 Eclipse and tach is dead.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
108 Posts
I can't seem to figure out how to get my greddy full auto timer to work. I hooked it up to the wires right off the ignition, but I can't get it to keep my engine running after turning off the key. I have the red wire hooked up to the white 12v, the green wire hooked up to the black/white wire, and the blue wire hooked up to the blue/black wire. I also have the speedo wire hooked up to the speed sensor wire coming out of pin 86 on the ecu. and finally, I have the turbo timer grounded, and the parking brake wire going to the parking break. If anyone has experience with this turbo timer some guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot Dane

P.S. I have 1995 GSX if you couldn't already tell by the user name.

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
Do not post your problems/questions in this thread and expect help. This thread is left open for posting of new INFORMATION only.

Start a thread of your own if you need help with something. If you need to refer to content from this thread in your question, simply copy and paste it or link to the applicable post.

Again, do not post your problems/questions in this thread. That is what the entire rest of the Electronics forum is for.

(Sometime in the next couple weeks I'll actually go through this thread and clean it up.)

·
Banned
574 Posts
how about some wiring info about the main engine harness, i kinda had an electrical fire due to a short in my foglights, now i wanna know, what are the wires like each and every color, cuz i noticed they have multiple black ones with 2 silver stripes, (solid black) im like wtf, some of the wires overlap, there are some that are doubles, and even tripples, yesterday i rewired my car, and i ran into a couple of problems, my radio, headlights, tail lights dont work, and my turbo spools hella early, also i have a check engine light, i thnk it might be because after i rewired, i suddenly started to run rich...wtf is the problem ? also it would be nice if you guys would post a wiring info on the engine wiring harness :) thanks.. and also anyideas on what i did wrong ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The dimmer works by adding resistance to the black/yel dash lighting ground wire (as you dim the switch, resistance to ground increases on the black/yel wire). The dash is wired in parallel.. each bulb is powered by the green/white +12v pk light circuit, and each bulb is grounded to the black/yel variable ground from the dimmer knob.[/QUOTE]

ok i got a second dimmer switch for my talon to hook up to aftermarket gauges, and how do i go about wireing it so it dims em? all i got so far is the green/white wire is the +12 volts. whats the brown/yellow for and the black on in the middle.

here is what i tried, don't know if it's write, but it worked. I hooked the green/white to +12v(always 12v even if car and lights are off) i hooked the brown/yellow to +12v when the lights are turned on, and to the positive of the gauge, and i hooked the black one to ground and to ground on gauge. this seems to work but is it right, don't want to kill anything

·
Registered
20 Posts
so on the 93 talon wiring info for the ignition up there. (need to install apexi turbo timer) whats the ign2 wire, i need to know that one. or just list the colors for the ign1 ign2 and constant, those are the only ones i need.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey what's going on? Uh bascially when i start my 92 eagle talon tsi it will idle for about 2-3 minutes and then shut off, do any of you know what the problem might be? i changed the alternator already and i am about ready to hcance my feul filter but if any of you know about anything else that i could do i would very much appreciate it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a few problems I converted over to manual and I been trying to hook up the reverse sensor but the problem is there is no wire going to the sensor because it was automatic and I have the wires but dont know were to hook it up to? Second problem is I dont know why my speed sensor is not working its pluged in and new. I was wondering if its because im still running my automatic ECU? please I need help with these problems

·
Registered
144 Posts
Can you please tell me the main difference for a 95 tsi awd, i'm having some trouble with the power transistor, see i put this car back together from the ground up and the wiring harness was completly torn apart and i can't find the plug for the ignition power transistor, does this car even have one? if someone could help me out by anwsering this question i would appricitate it.

81 - 100 of 117 Posts