DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im Trying To Find At Ecu What Wires Go Were And The Pins Car Was Not Running Right Had The Ecu Out Got The Fuel Problem Fixxed Then Cut The Car Off And Went Back Out Then Put The Ecu Back Were It Goies And Then The Car Would Not Crank So Im Trying To Find Out Were The Wires Go So I Can Test And Find My Problem

·
Registered
14 Posts
im trying to find out two things what wires plug on the ecu and what do thay work and at the cam sencer what wires what on it thank u

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have a 99' GSX
Just had a 2.4 stroker, bullseye S368 turbo and tons of other little goodies installed under the hood. toughened up the Tran and added a 4200stall torque converter..

Now All the electrical inside the car have gone crazy! power windows/locks ac etc dont work and when you hit the horn the lights come on!? (HELP!!)

Back story Everything on this car (inside and out) was working perfectly. stock turbo went bad and replaced with an evo III 16g. Shop told me bad gas was causing a knock and need to drive it a while pulling good gas in before they could tune it. Didnt make it a month of babying before i threw a rod. Took it back to do a complete engine replace,

Long story shortened.. It was at Extreme Motorsports in MD during the fire. My car just had Smoke and ash damage inside and out (windows were down while they were working on it) Im sure some water from the sprinklers got into the car, but I saw it 2wks after the fire and the carpet was dry.. not sure how much water was inthe car!?

Ive replaced the interior carpet and seats.. and cleaned EVERYTHING and the new shop installed all the engine stuff... now they are stumped why this is happening, theyve already gone thru and pinned every connection.. and suggested replaceing the etac wiring harness ($1200 part) but dont know if it will fix the problems or not.

Anyone else had this problem!? or suggestions??

·
Registered
539 Posts
Not to be a dick, but it sounds to me like that should be Extreme's problem. They can't do that to your car and then just hand it back like that. One thing to keep in mind is that DSMs are ground switched, so you prolly have a problem with your grounds. There are 7 ground points in a 1G, don't know about a 2G but its in the manual, I'd check them all for corrosion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I totally agee with you! But unfortunately they and their insurance dont. doubt Extreme will reopen and blaming the fire on an arsonist. Trying to get the car completely fixed so i know how much im suing for.

Thanks for the suggestion.. def make sure the shop checks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am doing a AT to MT swap on a 98 GS-T and am changing out the wiring harness also just get rid of extra connections and be tidy about it.

On the AT harness, there are 2 blue wires going in to pins 55 and 61 on the ECU. They come from a plug down by the O2 sensor connection under the driver's seat. I have been unable to find any info on what they are for...

Pics are posted in my thread here:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/348088-wiring-wiseman-needed.html

Can anybody help me out here?

·
Registered
3 Posts
do y'all know where the green/white wire connects to and the black and yellow saw its to the cluster gauges and mine won't turn on they only turn on when i hook one to the power yellow wire

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Your posts are very hard to understand, this isn't facebook please form your posts more coherently so we know what you are actually asking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
AC on the 2.0 non turbo engine, tach is brown or brown/blue at coil on top of the engine(2 cyl. signal) or white at pin 73 of the PCM on the left side of the engine compartment. On both the 2.0L turbo and the 2.4L engines, the tach is white at the power transistor on top of the engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 99' GSX
Just had a 2.4 stroker, bullseye S368 turbo and tons of other little goodies installed under the hood. toughened up the Tran and added a 4200stall torque converter..

·
Registered
1 Posts
There really aren't that many differences from what you've read here. As always, if anyone is having a specific wiring problem; just ask. :)
I just got my 2006 Eclipse gs back from the auto shop and they told me its missing the ignition coil capacitor and connector. Anyone know where i can buy one? Mitsubishi has discontinued that part, and they never made aftermarket ones. My car needs that part to run properly and im not sure what to do

101 - 117 of 117 Posts