DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Hey guys, I need your opinion on wich car should I buy for my new daily.

First car, 1991 GSR-4 with 60 000Km for 4000$

[/QUOTE]

The 1991 doesn't have any rust on it, haven't done a compression test yet. The engine bay looks so much cleaner than the 1998. This one has already pass the inspection so I can bring it back on the street. The 1991 got a 6 bolts ! ;)

The 1998 needs to pass an inspection to get back on the road but I know it can pass with without any issue after some test we did tonight. Compression is at 150,150,150,155 on a cold engine with barely 1/8" of oil on the dip stick. We put some more oil in it to test drive it and wow I was seriously missing that feeling. :D I have many spare parts from my build but the bad thing about this car is that it started to rust on the front shock tower. The rocker looks clean, no holes but some rust have started and the trunk from a block drain ... The valve cover was leaking oil and the timing belt needs to be done.

I love DSM but this is not an easy decision so feel free to post your choice.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Re: 1991 vs 1998, wich DSM to buy ?

Personaly I would go for the 1g only because its rust free, rare, and low milage. I dont think I have ever seen a 1g with less than 100,000 miles on it. But that Talon does look good too.

·
Registered
463 Posts

Coming from someone who loves the 97-98 talon body style, I would go with the 91. Your not going to find another like it. Bone stock, very low miles, and the and rarity or the gsr4. The 98 has almost double the miles and is in worse shape. It doesn't seem like a bad car, but the 91 is just awesome.

·
Registered
101 Posts

I'll join with everyone and also say 1g. That thing is incredibly rare. Finding a 1g under 100k takes forever and most are really beat up. They also don't rust as bad as the 2gs so when you find one in good shape you can really make them last with proper maintenance.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks guys for your reply, I really appreciate it !

Seriously if the guy would have found his registration yesterday I would have bought the 2gb ... The 1ga was always in my mind so I'm happy that it turned this way.

So there's no love for the 2gb ? Please keep voting ! ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts

I love that talon but with how rare that 1g is and how much cleaner it looks i would jump all over it! I wish we had the picking you have where im at. lol

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

Offer him $3500 on the 1g. Tell him you have been looking at a 2g for $3000 and if he can come closer to that you'll buy!

1g, that GSR is drop sexy!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

Leaving the shop to go buy the 1gen. Thanks guys I'll let you know when I get back :D
WooooooT WoooooooT
You Mothafunking LUCKY DOG!!!!

Go get that fiszle!!! Take pics as well and post em soon as you can. If it needs a paint job I'll volunteer to spray it if you labor and pay!

·
Registered
853 Posts

I wish I could find a 1G that clean in Upstate NY.
This. Where are you man?

Also I'd pick up the talon. I would feel bad marking up the GSR as a daily and Im partial to black talons with high rise spoilers...

·
Registered
35 Posts

after thinking more about this it would depend on what you wanted to do. if i was going to modify the car at all i would get the talon. that 1g is to rare/clean/stock for me to want to mess up now

·
Registered
46 Posts

Wow... :eek: I wish I was as lucky as you to find that 1g.....That's incredible.

I say go with the 1g, 110%!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Here are some picture of yesterday, bought the car without driving it. Yeah that's how it work when you buy a car at a JDM shop. Made my way home for a 150Km trip and WOW it was so smooth ! No tick or strange sound, just a good drive with me smiling like an idiot ... :D

I've let it at the shop since this evening I'll change all fluid before starting to dayli it for real. And thanks for your proposition GTA_Hot but check out my build and you'll see that I'm the one who will paint this car, maybe next year. ;)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Looks really good man! Glad to hear it runs so smooth. Do you have any plans at all down the road for the car? Or strictly DD status?
Thanks bro ! Well when I bought my 2gen 5 years ago it was suppose to be only DD, really don't know how it will turn out. Already have some parts in stock to install like my custom catch can ;), and I was thinking about putting the drop that is on my 1gb that 2LiterRiceEater gave me ... Already got an intake pipe+Kn ... Will see if I can find some cool stuff in the classified ;)

1 - 20 of 296 Posts