DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
what the hell is a DSMLink??????????

peace

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats good that i'll pass emissions. or have a chance anyway...i'll have to find out. I know with the AEM and other management systems, you can't get past emissions. I'm guessing since the DSMlink is a piggyback system and it hooks up to the stock ECU, so i should be alright. The standalones are when you get into problems with emissons...i know that.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Ya.. the real issue @ hand is your other mods and how they are going to interact w/ eachother.. take advantage of the DSM link to help you pass... remember you can adjust your fuel trim which has a direct effect on your emmissions...(you already know this probably) so if for some reason you DONT pass you should have an easy fix (hopefully)

DAM I love living in KS! no emmissions.. I run around here w/ a test pipe all day long and I would never get inspected if i was pulled over... just gotta watch those speed traps tho ;)

-Aaron

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would love no emissions too, but that doesn't happen in New York.....never will. Once i get most of my mods done (hopefully by next summer) i think im gonna take a road trip out west and do some cruisin. sweet roads out there....long, flat, and straight. Plus, no one to pull you over! cant wait....

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, I know of some DSMers that "managed" to get their dumped wastegates to pass emissions tests... they're not in CA though. Methinks 91 octance would suck @$$ as pump gas.

·
Registered
749 Posts
ohhh, now i know what that is, thanks for the explanation :tree:

peace

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nitro413

There are no emission tests in NY? I live in Amsterdam. I just purchased DSMLink and installed it 1.5 weeks ago. I haven't had time to play with it (work too damn much). At least I was finally able to install my 650's. Just adding the injectors and DSMLink reprogrammed ECU made a big difference. I'm running pig rich right now, can't wait to turn up the boost and bust some V8 ass (once I get that FMIC that is!)

If you wanna check out I am willing to meet up in Schnectady or Albany somewhere/ Let me know.

Bruce (BTW, my 95 was an early build w/ the EPROM)

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,923 Posts
I'm not sure about in NY but, technically, you can't pass the test with it. Not because it pollutes, but it's a mod that isn't proven to be smog legal, and has the possiblity NOT to be.

Some 95's had OBII, suposively. (a very few number)

Pretty much, if you don't pull up to the place with your laptop hooked up, you're probably going to be good. ;) I'm not too fimilar with the scanning they do for the emmisions, but I really doubt they'd pic up any changes you made, unless they throw a code.

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
no emissions test that im aware of in NY, as long as u pass inspection IE brakes struts etc r fine ur good to go =P

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
Redsand187 said:
I'm not sure about in NY but, technically, you can't pass the test with it. Not because it pollutes, but it's a mod that isn't proven to be smog legal, and has the possiblity NOT to be.

Pretty much, if you don't pull up to the place with your laptop hooked up, you're probably going to be good. ;) I'm not too fimilar with the scanning they do for the emmisions, but I really doubt they'd pic up any changes you made, unless they throw a code.
Are we talking about some 95 models had obdII or are we talking about some 95 dsm's had obdII? I know every 2g sold had obdII. mine was built in 94 and it has obdII, I belive the 3kgt crowd has had obdII sence 93?

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
Q. What vehicles are exempt from the new program?

A. Vehicles less than two model years old, or 25yrs old

hmm, 1g, 2g, 3g's, i have a 1g, looks 2 models old to me

·
Registered
148 Posts
Redsand187 said:

The 95 ECU that you have to use with DSMLink might fail the OBD2 test part of the emissions testing. For 1995 model year cars, it should work just fine. But on 96 and newer, where OBD2 was required, there was an additional OBD2 test that is done, and the 95 ECU doesnt report this correctly. IT says the CEL is on when its not. You should be able to get them to pass the car anyhow, because the CEL works fine, the ECU just misreports it. This is all from the DSMLink owners group, I personally havent had to get my car smogged yet since installing it.

Brad

1 - 20 of 21 Posts