DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for all you S-AFC and DSMLink users. I have had DSMLink now for a few months and love it. I have never used a S-AFC before but after using DSMLink I am sure it isn't that hard. My question is should I sell it and get a S-AFC? Before you think WTF, read what I have to say. If I sell DL I could buy a S-AFC and logger and still have money left over to buy some other mods for my car. I only take my car to the track a few times a year and am mostly a street guy. I am looking for a 20G or equivilant and supporting mods right now. Would this be a stupid decision on a guy with a limited budjet? Sure DSMLink is cool, but I don't really need it and could use the extra money for other mods. I want to hear some opinions.

Thanks! Sorry it's sooo long.

·
Honorary Administrator
17,457 Posts
Keep it. You won't end up saving all that much money and the DSMlink is a much better tuning tool than the AFC.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sell the DSMLink .. *cough* to Me .. with the ecu. Then buy an S-AFC. :angel:

Anyway, I think you should keep the dsmlink. You'll be happier down the line.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Even if you get an safc and a logger you still wont be able to adjust timing, read knock and have launch control.
Dont even think about selling it, you'll be kicking yourself in the ass once you do :)

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Let me the first to offer you $450 shipped! Let me know.
I wish you knew how long people have been waiting for a tool like that for the 2G.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I kind of knew the replies I would get to my question before I asked, but like I said, I never used a S-AFC before and was trying to get opinions on the benifits of one VS the other. From reading your replies, I take it the S-AFC doesn't even touch DSMLink. I think I will keep.

Thanks

·
Registered
943 Posts
Heh considering the SAFC only does about 1/2 what the DSMlink does when it comes to fuel trim... (this is not excluding all the extra goodies...) I seem to remember SAFC allowing for +-30% or something? where as DSMlink has +-50 (if not more)? (havent played with mine much since cars been being a pain since I got it running again)

ps. Yes I saw he already made up his mind... just giving some supporting info for future searches...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts