DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please tell me I cant be the only one! The local SCCA region had their first events over the weekend and made it to one of them. Did well enough to take first in my class, and people think these cars are only good for racing in a straight line! Heres a few vids from yesterday, post up your AutoX vids if you have any!

Starting out, my first run in almost a year. And a very very cold set of tires. Made me realize how rusty I was.

The sun finally started to show through and get a little bit of heat going helped with traction about midday.

And my best (last) run of the day, taking away the win from my buddy in his GSX (the one that passes in front of the camera) took him by 3/10s!

Not bad for a cold ass day and some beat to fuck tires!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K_man's_TSI runs auto x ... Just he does it in a Camero.

I run ST class.... Just I do it in a civic.
Wheres the fun in that when you dont bring the "cheater" car out on racedays? :p What all is done to the civic that you run?

Awesome! I definitely hope I can drag my shit box out to the auto-x and road course sometime soon.
Dollar for Dollar, the seattime you get out of AutoX is by far a better value than Drag Racing. Not to mention it highlights your weak and strong points as a driver. Get your "shit-box" out there and take some videos. Ill be adding more videos after our race event tomorrow, I dont want to be the only one in this thread. :D

Looks like a lot of fun. I'd love to take at least on of my mitsu's autocrossing one day.
You wont regret it!

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Xaiver how do you like those Kuhmos? I have some on the way right now. I plan on competing in max effort at the shootout this year.

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
I did some auto X and it was fun but the cones are just confusing as all hell. I would prefer road course.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
That should be bad ass FWD. Its so light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts