DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 391 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
A special thanks to HOT97ECLIPSEGSX for volunteering to be in charge of the addresses.

THE PRICE LIMIT HAS BEEN SET TO TWENTY DOLLARS. IT CAN BE A LITTLE LESS, BUT PLEASE, TRY NOT TO GO LOWER THAN 15 ON THE PRESENT. NO ONE WANTS A CUP OF RAMEN FOR THEIR GIFT

PLEASE NO USERS WITH NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. IF YOU HAVE 0 FEEDBACK ON THE SITE YOU MUST POST A POSITIVE FEEDBACK FROM ANOTHER SITE YOU ARE A MEMBER OF. ANOTHER FORUM OR EBAY SHOULD BE FINE.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SS 2009

Timeline
Coordination time: November 8th - November 22th. (2 weeks)
HOT97ECLIPSEGSX will have at least this much time to go through everyone's PMs and assign out the names to everyone. If he needs more time thats fine.
Execution Period: Nov 22th - December 19th. (3 weeks)

Posting pictures of gifts: Please hold off until at least the 19th - Ideally post December 26 - January 10th

Signup
Send your info to (and in the following format PLEASE)
HOT97ECLIPSEGSX. PM only please. He will be expecting your PMs and has a large inbox, so there shouldnt be any problems.

Format:
SUBJECT: Secret Santa 2009: (your screen name)
BODY:

Your Screen Name
Your Name
Your Address* (see below)

Also, please put the following in the body:

1) NWS: Acceptable or Not?
2) Interests or hobbies you enjoy. Please try not to be too specific with your gift ideas, or else it wont be as much fun. For example if you were looking at getting something for your car, dont just put down shifter bushings. Instead say, something small for my 1g dsm. And dont expect to get something that you put down either, it is completely up to the present giver to decide what to get you. Try not to send out anal lube though. :rofl:
__________________________________________________ __
3) Also, please include your t-shirt size.

Guidelines (How to avoid being a deadbeat)

By sending HOT97ECLIPSEGSX a PM, you accept and agree to the guidelines.

Sender

Once you sign up, the burden is yours to not be a deadbeat.

1) If you do not receive a PM with a name and address, you are to PM HOT97ECLIPSEGSX back. Again, you should expect a PM by around the 22nd of November, if not sooner.
2) It is your responsibility to get the recipient a gift by DECEMBER 25th.
Do not ship your gift after the 25th and come up with an "I thought it was after Santa came" excuse.
I posted the deadline of December 19th - that does not mean if you ship on the 19th, the recipient will get the gift - that is a guesstimate deadline.

YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED A DEADBEAT IF THE GIFT DOES NOT ARRIVE BY DEC. 25th**

2a) If you don't have time to go ship something - dropship it. Secret Santa should not take more than 2-3 hours of your time (and that's if you go out to a store, get something and then ship it)

2b) If you don't have $20 to buy a gift - don't sign up.

3) If your recipient does not post much in the lounge - tough. They still participate, they get a gift.

Helpful tip to avoid being a deadbeat
Save a copy of your receipt and shipping info. Come January, if people have not received their gifts, you can post them up or send me verification (tracking # is always good) that you did indeed send something out. (A tracking # also shows date of shipment)

When you go to ship, most places have an address verification service (we do, at the office) Does not hurt to verify the address you are shipping to.

Get and save the TRACKING NUMBER!!!!!!!

**Burden of proof for the recipient:

Recipient

1) * GIVE HOT97ECLIPSEGSX THE ADDRESS YOU WILL BE AT!!!! Do not send him an address that you will be at, at the end of January.

What it boils down to is - you took the responsibility of sending a gift by signing up. You should send something that will arrive by December 25th. Keep track of what you sent so if there is a question later on, you can prove you did send something.

If you fail to send something, I see no reason why that should not earn you negative feedback. Not only will you get negative feedback, but you will not be able to participate next year, should there be a SS 2010.

Hopefully this all goes smoothly and everyone has a lot of fun! :tree:

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: DsmTalk Secret Santa - 2009

If anyone needs extra ideas for gifts here are some good sites to check out. If anyone else has suggestions be sure to post them!

www.ebay.com(duh)

www.thinkgeek.com

www.cafepress.com

www.tshirthell.com

www.x-tremegeek.com

www.bustedtees.com

www.stupid.com

Try and be creative with your gifts! This does not apply just to your presents! Decorate the box if you want to with a bunch of boobs, or something like that. Unless the member says no to the nws option of course.

·
Registered
512 Posts

That is a cool idea dude.

I hope it all goes well.

·
Registered
512 Posts

Lol yeah, I trust Almost everyone here. But I give you props for the Idea.

·
Site Administrator
4,661 Posts

And lucky me...I'm the one who gets to decide who sends Red a gift!

I'm impressed with the layout of the DSMtalk 2009 Secret Santa FWD. Great job. :tree:

I'll randomly assign (or in some cases, select on purpose for shits and giggles) recipients from the members who are participating. I will keep track of who was assigned to who to ensure everyone who participates not only receives a gift, but sends one out as well.

Please keep the PM to the template FWD has created. This will make it easier for me to assign gifts.

DO NOT CHOOSE TO BE A DEADBEAT OR YOU WILL HAVE CONSEQUENCES!!!

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

And lucky me...I'm the one who gets to decide who sends Red a gift!

I'm impressed with the layout of the DSMtalk 2009 Secret Santa FWD. Great job. :tree:

I'll randomly assign (or in some cases, select on purpose for shits and giggles) recipients from the members who are participating. I will keep track of who was assigned to who to ensure everyone who participates not only receives a gift, but sends one out as well.

Please keep the PM to the template FWD has created. This will make it easier for me to assign gifts.

DO NOT CHOOSE TO BE A DEADBEAT OR YOU WILL HAVE CONSEQUENCES!!!

Thanks hot. Im not sure if you could do it, but maybe a mod can adjust my original post to include in the PM your shirt size. That way, people will know what size you are without having to ask.

·
Site Administrator
4,661 Posts

Thanks hot. Im not sure if you could do it, but maybe a mod can adjust my original post to include in the PM your shirt size. That way, people will know what size you are without having to ask.
PM Red. I'm sure he can tackle the job.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

It is going to be difficult to buy gifts if the person doesn't post much in the lounge. There are only a certain number of people who post regularly who I would even know what kind of gifts to buy.

1 - 20 of 391 Posts