DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was using one of those gallons of oil with 5 quarts in them... Anyway I think I put 4.75 quarts in. The dipstick reads about 2mm above the max oil line... What's the easiest way to take some out? Will this hurt anything?? Thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
just unscrew your oil plug a little bit so it starts to drip out. Then screw it back in.

Check.

Rinse and repeat if necassary

bake at 450 degrees for 1-2 hours and serves 2 hungry teenagers

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think if you pull the oil filter and drain that out it should level off. Just make sure to put it back on tight again.:)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just unscrew the oil filter and let some of the oil drain out of it. Then tighten it back up. Can do it without ever getting under the car.

Rogue

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
It's no problem, but if you're really anal like me... BUT too lazy to get jack up the car (my car is low). I used a mity vac with a narrow vynol hose to suck it out from the dipstick tube ...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys got it. I can't believe how picky the dip stick is. I barely took any oil out and it made a huge difference on the scale. So I ended up adding a bit more after draining the oil filter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
95GST said:
It's no problem, but if you're really anal like me... BUT too lazy to get jack up the car (my car is low). I used a mity vac with a narrow vynol hose to suck it out from the dipstick tube ...
Lol... the high tech way, smart thinking:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts