DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my 1991 TSI is completely dismanteled and I cant check this for myself because my electrical system wont work with the engine out. I am trying to make a headlight conversion kit for teh 1g that looks like those for the rx-7. I need to figure out how to wire the lights for the kit. does anyone know how I could wire 2 seperate after market lights into the normal wiring that goes into the pop-up headlight assembly?? there are 3 wires on the plug going into the headlight so I dont know how I would wire that into 2 aftermarket lights and still utilize the normal selector for high and low beams. what kind of lights should I get? could I get 2 sets of those small round driving lights (they are like 55w) and have one kit pointing up as a high beam, and one kit pointing lower as a low beam. and when the HIGH beam selector is ON would the HIGH and LOW beam lights be on at the same time?(how can I wire it to do that?)

one more question.....what is the prupose of these lights and when are they turned on?

(sorry for the dumb questions but I took the car apart the day I got it)

·
Registered
943 Posts
eagletsi said:
when I say "one more question" I am refering to the arrow pointing to the light in the pic
fog lights... used during inclement weather when low beams arent enough and high beams only reflect back in your face or hinder vision in some other fashion

also in reply to your lights question up top... what do you mean like the RX7? Your first half of the post is rather incoherent, if you want high beams running with low beams when high beams are on... wire a relay in with the high beam circuit that when recieves power it closes a power circuit to the low beams again so they stay lit, rather pointless, but it would work... and those 3 wires would be low beam ground, high beam ground, and 12volts, when high beams are on, the high beam wire gets grounded, and when low beams are on.... obviously that wire is grounded completing the circuit through the respective bulb

HTH

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got no idea for the first one but the "another question" is a Fog/driving light. when you turn your light s on, they are the selection in the middle of off, and when your lights pop up. so when the guage panel lights are on., so are those lights.

Somebody coffect me if I'm wrong. I havent had a talon for 1/2 a year now, and mine never had any fog lights. But all my other cars were done like above.

Shaun

·
Registered
943 Posts
Shaun Oriold1 said:
I got no idea for the first one but the "another question" is a Fog/driving light. when you turn your light s on, they are the selection in the middle of off, and when your lights pop up. so when the guage panel lights are on., so are those lights.

Somebody coffect me if I'm wrong. I havent had a talon for 1/2 a year now, and mine never had any fog lights. But all my other cars were done like above.

Shaun
fog lights have a seperate switch that when is on, they are only on with low beams, not parking lights, however there is a mod floating around somehwhere to rewire them to work with parking also...

·
Registered
943 Posts
ahh oke, so you want to take a non popup or a popup 1g and put those style lights in it? Understandable now ;) Thanks for the example... if you're doing it yourself, lemme know when you get to the wiring part if what I said in my other post *is* in fact how you want them, I can help you out with some diagrams maybe....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ooooooooo aaaaaaaa diagrahms:hail: let me see them.......making a kit for the 1992-1994 would require people to cut the body of their car and alot of cusotm fab on their part so I wont worry about those right now..but........hopefully many products to come

·
Registered
943 Posts
lol I dont have them I would be making one to explain the wiring of the relay to trigger the low beams with the highbeams so they were both on at the same time, get me a 1G headlamp diagram and I'll modify it :p Im a 2g'r so I dont have one :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts