DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a used starter for my '92 2.0 N/T and it was the wrong one. Don't know if it was for a 6 bolt or 7 bolt motor BECAUSE i don't have a clue what motor I have either. What's the easiest way to tell?

Btw, it's a pos DD on it's last legs and I wouldn't think of selling it as a dd when I'm through with it because it has many problems BUT if it's a 6 bolt will this car have value to a dsm'er? (n/t a/t)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
it's junk, and the year of manufacture on the door.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Red1991TSI said:
Easiest way is to count the number of bolts on the flywheel. Anyone knows that!;)
Actually the oil pan, but I didn't feel like explaining it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks I'll check it tomorrow. One more thing, if it's a 6 bolt are the N/T 6 bolts desirable to turbo guys should I part the car out one day :confused:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
91-Bluebird said:
Ok thanks I'll check it tomorrow. One more thing, if it's a 6 bolt are the N/T 6 bolts desirable to turbo guys should I part the car out one day :confused:
Some stuff is... Don't expect to make millions though...

·
Registered
115 Posts
On 1G's, the starters for the 2.0 4G63's are standard. Either they're for automatics or manuals. It doesn't matter if it's a 6 or a 7 bolt. It doesn't matter if it's turbo or non-turbo. And by the way.....if you have a 1992, then there's a 99.9999999999999% chance it's a 6 bolt, because they only made 7 bolts in the last week or so of 1992 model year production.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
4g63rwd said:
On 1G's, the starters for the 2.0 4G63's are standard. Either they're for automatics or manuals. It doesn't matter if it's a 6 or a 7 bolt. It doesn't matter if it's turbo or non-turbo. And by the way.....if you have a 1992, then there's a 99.9999999999999% chance it's a 6 bolt, because they only made 7 bolts in the last week or so of 1992 model year production.
OK great if all that's true a SUPPOSEDLY reputable used DSM parts guy in my area shipped me a M/T starter and when I told him it wasn't working right he says there are different starters for 6-bolts and 7-bolts bla bla bla :mad: What an ASS that guy guy is!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
4g63rwd said:
On 1G's, the starters for the 2.0 4G63's are standard. Either they're for automatics or manuals. It doesn't matter if it's a 6 or a 7 bolt. It doesn't matter if it's turbo or non-turbo.

^
^
Can anyone else verify if that's all 100% true because I'm shopping ONCE AGAIN for another used starter.

·
Registered
339 Posts
^^^^Well, being the cheap dsm'r I am...I did use 2 starters, 1 from a 1g nt (93) and 1 from a 1g turbo and put together a working starter. Both were manual though.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts