DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the stock horsepower of a 97 Eclipse GS? and what is the weight also?

Thanks,
Doug H

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the '97 GS is 3090 lbs. and has 141BHP. Club DSM has a page that shows the factory specs for the entire history.

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

·
Registered
24 Posts
2700lb. for a 1g? is this right? or is this for a fwd non turbo.......whats the weight for a 1g AWD? and the 0-60 has to be quicker that 6.8 with a 1g awd.....right?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Those specs are all wrong... A 1G GS-T doesn't weigh the same as a 1G GSX. And they are all going to have different 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. I believe that the 2G might be able to do 0-60 slighty faster than the 1G, due to the quick spool of the small T-25 turbo on the 2G, but the 1G might be a bit faster in the 1/4 mile, since the 14B has much more top end than the T-25 and the 1G head/intake manifold/TB are better at the top end. I believe a 1G GSX weighs almost 100lbs less than a 2G GSX, not 500lbs less.

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Those specs are all wrong... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah I agree, no way you can list the same weight for a GST and a GSX. And I have never seen a published stock E/T in the 14's.

------------------
** Ted-95 GSX **

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, so does any body have the correct wieght for a 97 GS? and horsepower?

Doug H

1 - 7 of 7 Posts