DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen an 95 eclipse GST and 95 talon tsi both for under 6500 dollars. I was doing research and found that the talon didnt have premium sound and a few other features.

I was wondering what are the major differences between talons and eclipses. Are all the parts the same and can be interchanged. What about body kits. Also what are the features missing in the talon that are in the eclipse in case i missed some.

Thanks in advance
~Jason

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
found that the talon didnt have premium sound
My tsi and gst had the same radio, the kind that the volume doesn't start to work til you turn it 900 degrees.

The talons are always cheaper because the are from an extinct car company(I know chrysler is still alive).

The bodies are the biggest difference like the tail lights would never match etc....

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,496 Posts
They are exactly the same mechanically. The only differences are the wheels, bumpers, sideskirts, and the logo on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
943 Posts
DSMJim said:
[flame suit] and a nicer looking rear spoiler that doesn't look like a cheap aftermarket stick on. [/flame suit] yeah, it's supra style d00d!
LMAO, hell ya! Just to comment on this before going on to differences.... I saw one in Augusta, GA with the factory 3 piece (low spoiler) mountedon ~8in aluminum posts minus the 2 side pieces on the rear q-panels..... talk about.... rice?

Anyways, even the sound systems arent that different... Sure I dont have an amp under my pass. seat... but I got the same speaker setup... tweets in dash, 5 1/4 in doors (had, now are 6 1/2's) and 6x9's in the back.... personally the TSi sound system doesnt sound *bad* w/o an amp... I sounded better than most people in school with just a set of 10's... (and I'll admit mosto f the kids knew jack about stereos) so if sound is an issue.... I wouldnt really decide on the car based on a stock amplifier...

Other than that, the previous posts covered all the differences... Ohhh cept... on an Eagle you get a nice DOHC 2000 valve cover, that looks semi polished and not a flat gray one with red painted Mitsubishi on it..... :p Personally I like the Talon cover ;)

Hope that covers the last of the differences... lol sorry its so long...

·
Registered
9 Posts
oOBLazerOo said:
talon didnt have premium sound...

who gives a shit. for a few hundred bucks you can have a better, louder and cleaner sounding system anyways. i cant stand stock systems. "premium" or not.

-j

·
Registered
943 Posts
Re: Re: Eclipse V Talon

cOiL said:

who gives a shit. for a few hundred bucks you can have a better, louder and cleaner sounding system anyways. i cant stand stock systems. "premium" or not.

-j
not everyone can afford one, I ran stock + my 2 10's for a long time cause I couldnt afford an all out system, this last year and a half I went to full amp setup, no HU power, and I love it, only thing left to do is get my *GOOD* amp replaced its PS died back in Georgia... and took out *all* my speakers GRR, now I'm running a cheap 4 chan. and a newer-older (maybe 1999/2000 model) fosgate for my sub... and a tweeter died... so new tweets new amp and new 6x9's (couldnt find nice ones at the time and crossfire cf2's dont handle power for nothing) Anyways... I'll agree evne premium sucks... but STOCK in these cars is better than most, worst part of the system I think is the radio... not the speakers.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by oOBLazerOo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The radios and amps are the same on turbo 95 talons and eclipses. Maybe you don't keep premium sound if it is a NT.

·
Registered
943 Posts
95tsiawdgst said:
quote:
Originally posted by oOBLazerOo

The radios and amps are the same on turbo 95 talons and eclipses. Maybe you don't keep premium sound if it is a NT.
I havent seen any TSi's with premium sound myself... granted I do go looking under all my friends seats either... :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
im not talkin about going all out with a system man.. just get a decent deck with a crossover in it and that will make your system sound so much better. besides, 96.4% of the people on this forum spend hundreds/thousands on their engines, so i assumed most people *have* a few hundred bucks for the stereo. where the hell do you buy your shit? crutchfield? hahaha. they rape you in the ass. so do almost every local audio shop out there. get your equipment off of ebay. i paid 1/3 of retail doing that and would do it again any day. www.thezeb.com or www.ikessound.com are great places to buy shit, too. whatever.

-j

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have never ordered from crutchfield however I am picky about where/what I buy, I seldom waste time with Ebay too many people I know have trouble with purchasing stuff there... especially considering 9/10 things are I've ever looked at were 'as is' I'll take a warranty. I think I've done fairly well with my system for low budget, new HU, + 2 component sets and 6x9's + full amp'd system for just over $1000, and essentially I have enough left over parts to put a system in another car once I repair my good amp... *shrug* to each their own, I was happy with just a new deck... for awhile, and as I said in my post, thats all I believe these cars need... is a better deck to sound lots better... just wasnt enough for me :p

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
skifreee911 said:
ive got a 95 tsi and i had premium sound with the amp under the seat.
The 97-99's are probably different when it comes to the radios.

The turbo 95-96's probably all got prem sound.

·
Registered
453 Posts
As far as I know all Talons do not have power antennaes.. and only some models of Eclipses (GSX) have the power antennaes.

The talons DO come with the premium sound if you bought it..

Differences in the back bumper and side skirts are the only big differences. The rear bumper and light conversion will be a pain in the butt to convert!

One thing to note for all you guys buying parts to fix up your car... ask them to check mitsu and chrysler, as a lot of the chrysler parts are CHEAPER! Same part, different dealer!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned or not, but Talons didn't come with the CD changer option either.

And yes, they have premium sound, infact mine does.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Rice_Rocket said:
.....One thing to note for all you guys buying parts to fix up your car... ask them to check mitsu and chrysler, as a lot of the chrysler parts are CHEAPER! Same part, different dealer!....
There you are wrong... mitsu will always beat chrysler prices because they have to purchase the parts *FROM* mitsu... try pricing a fender at each place... good example ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a 95tsi w/ infininity "premium" sound system...amp under the seat...and a 6 disk changer in the back from the factory. Yes..it was an option. The changer has a mitsu logo on it, but it was in the car when purchased. I went ahead and threw a jl 12 w/ a ppi amp, and it is clean as hell even with the stock deck. No disrespect to the eclipse guys, but i think the sideskirts look alot better in my opinion. Talons are generally cheaper as well since most people think they are just "wannabe eclipses"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts