DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
I want to compare a german NT ECU with any kind of turbo ECU (EPROM), to look if a conversion is possible.

I marked the parts that are different ...

so the red part are total different, and the green parts are a little bit different... please post pictures of ur ecus or the parts numbers thx

attention 300kb picture
http://mitglied.lycos.de/snooopy3652/umbau/ecu-compare.jpg

I mean the numbers of the green marked parts, like:

- 334K100 NNC
- MA6111 - E827

thank u guys

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to look if it depends on the year of the ECU what kind of parts mitsu used or if that depends on the fact that the NT ECU is different from the turbo ECU.

if it isn`t different I`ll use the stock NT ECU with a T - Eprom ... but want to be sure that this could work before I try it.

(im doning a turbo convertion right now and u can`t buy Turbo ECUs here... I`ve import an Turbo NON eprom ECU for cheap .. but u know a Eprom is much better, so I want to know if my ECU would work with a turbo Eprom or if it also would need a few mods)

·
Registered
64 Posts
95 octane over there is the eqivalent of 87 octane here, which is why you have a knock sensor.

The green rectifiers(334K100 NNC) are the flyback protection for the injectors.If you keep your high impedance injectors you don't need to swap those.If you go with the turbo low impedance injectors you'll need to swap them for some 684k100's, and add the resistor pack under the hood as well.

The M5269l(right below the rectifiers) are the output transistors(solenoids and relays).You are missing the one needed for the MAF reset pulse.You will need to solder in the one for the MAF reset and swap your MAF to a turbo one.

The other resistors are for sensor conditioning and the boost gauge.I'm not really sure what is different on the German DSMs, but I'm guessing you'll need to swap/remove the different resistors.

Are these ECUs common over there?

BTW I have these parts as well as a stock E931 eprom if you need them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LightningGSX said:
95 octane over there is the eqivalent of 87 octane here, which is why you have a knock sensor.

The green rectifiers(334K100 NNC) are the flyback protection for the injectors.If you keep your high impedance injectors you don't need to swap those.If you go with the turbo low impedance injectors you'll need to swap them for some 684k100's, and add the resistor pack under the hood as well.

The M5269l(right below the rectifiers) are the output transistors(solenoids and relays).You are missing the one needed for the MAF reset pulse.You will need to solder in the one for the MAF reset and swap your MAF to a turbo one.

The other resistors are for sensor conditioning and the boost gauge.I'm not really sure what is different on the German DSMs, but I'm guessing you'll need to swap/remove the different resistors.

Are these ECUs common over there?

BTW I have these parts as well as a stock E931 eprom if you need them.

dude I love u!!.. have tried to get infos like that since a year!

I`ll get a turbo MAS in a few weeks..

can u tell me if that ecu have a 90 wireing or a 92? .. are they the same year? (I`ve found the turbo picture online so I dunno anything about it)

yes its a stock ECU all 92DSM`s have eprom ECU like this here.

the fuel thing: no 95 here is about 93 in the US but the german NT`s have a 10,5:1 compression thats why the ECU have a knock sensor

so do I also have to mod the "other resistors" to be able to run the stock bcs ?

how much $$$ do u want to have for the parts??

and btw: I`ve tried to start my car with a Turbo ECU to look if the ECU is alright... if the resistor of the injectors is different could I`ve killed my stock injectors while doing this??? F**K ..

thx dude

·
Registered
64 Posts
dude I love u!!.. have tried to get infos like that since a year!

I`ll get a turbo MAS in a few weeks..

can u tell me if that ecu have a 90 wireing or a 92? .. are they the same year? (I`ve found the turbo picture online so I dunno anything about it)

It looks like the 91+ wiring.

yes its a stock ECU all 92DSM`s have eprom ECU like this here.

I would love to get a few of those.

the fuel thing: no 95 here is about 93 in the US but the german NT`s have a 10,5:1 compression thats why the ECU have a knock sensor

Germany uses RON.US uses (RON + MON)/2, German 95 RON/85 MON works out to 89-90 octane in the US, I guess we were both wrong.

so do I also have to mod the "other resistors" to be able to run the stock bcs ?

I'm not entirely sure how your sensors/actuators are setup.But so long as the vehicles wiring is the same, the answer is yeah.

how much $$$ do u want to have for the parts??

PM me and we'll work something out.

and btw: I`ve tried to start my car with a Turbo ECU to look if the ECU is alright... if the resistor of the injectors is different could I`ve killed my stock injectors while doing this??? F**K ..

Not likely, your injectors should be the high impedance ones, so no damage should have happened.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.