DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 92 1.8 eclipse with the Electronic Fuel Injection which i believe is creating problems but i would like some more experienced opinions. So first off what happens is ill be cruising and at 2,800 to 3,100 the car just studders when im trying to give it gas. I try to just power through it to see if its just a loose connection, but after checking it and finding out this only happens in 4th and 5th im completely at a loss on trying to find out what it is. Injectors need replaced, or the whole wiring setup for E.F.I? thanks..

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Have you done routine maintenance like fuel filter, plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor? It seems to do it when you put a load on it? What happens if your cruising at 3000 rpms?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you done routine maintenance like fuel filter, plugs, wires, dist cap and rotor? It seems to do it when you put a load on it? What happens if your cruising at 3000 rpms?
Ive done the plugs, wires, cap and rotor. What happens is once i hit 2800 to 3000 it starts studdering even when im just cruising like giving it gas but not romping on it, like just trying to maintain my speed.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
MAF sensor, try another one. Mine does that as well, what causes it is air entering or leaving the system after the MAF or a faulty reading MAF. Mine tends to do it worse some days than others, some not at all. However once I got a MAF that works better it barely does now.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Mine does this before it warms up. I haven't done any maintenance yet (plugs, wires, cap and rotor) though and I just got it running after it sat for nearly a year so...

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
^Right the gas needs to be circulated and have all the little bugs worked back out. None of my cars like sitting for more than a few weeks if that even.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Just to offer some insight. I seem to have a faulty maf or a loose/corroded wire in the connector. Wiggling the connector makes the car do odd things... like spit and sputter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts