DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after all me and my car have been through.....I couldn't believe it when I was driving to work the other day and I heard a light tapping noise when I stopped at a stop sign. I proceeded to drive to work, and I checked the oil later when there was light outside. it was Very low. I added a quart and restarted the car. No change. Very light knocking/tapping noise when the engine is uder a load. When I pull away from a stop sign...., when accerateing on a flat road....when cruising up hills. When you let off the gas no knock. Only under a load.

I have as good oil pressure as the car has ever had. No coolant in the oil. I lifted the dipstick and listened to the bottom end. I just can't find this knock/tap.

Your thoughts would greatly be appreciated. I asked my dad about this and he said if I have any oil pressure it all......it most likely isn't my rod/main bearings.

My thoughts are.......Rebuild the focker.....quit worrying about it.....but damn I sure would like to drive it till I can get the rebuild kit in.

Your thoughts???

GSXTACY

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
It may be a piston + carbon hitting the head.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have you tried changing gasolines? Sometimes motors will knock slightly under load due to poor or cheap gas. Such as low octane. Some people refer to this as dieseling; kinda like the sound a diesel truck would make. Maybe that'll help!;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts