DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 eclipse gs with 50k i want to put a turbo in and i think it would be easier just swaping turbo engines from a turbo eclipse or talon?Do u think so?(btw i think the shop will be doing this and not myself)Can a 90 turbo talon or eclipse engine fit into the 96 eclipse?Are there any other engines that could fit?
Any other info that u guys think i should know or that would help would be greatly appriciated!
Thx

·
Registered
489 Posts
but really if you want a turbo just sell your car and buy a GST. you can get a FWD TSI Talan for about the same price as your GS. maybe like 1000 diffrence.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
the topic has been brought up numerous amounts of times.
If you check the sticky'd threads and the search button you will find all your answers.
But just a quick overview.

Yes you can swap in a turbo motor.
It's not really worth the time/effort/money to do it though.
There are so many NT dsmers that have, at one point said, that they were going to swap in a turbo motor but about .00004% of those people carry through.
The best way to get FI in your car would be to purchase a hahn, star, or NER turbo kit.
www.hrchahnracecraft.com
www.turbogs.com
I don't know the NER url.

If not you could go and sell your NT dsm and purchase a 4g63T dsm. (tsi awd, tsi, gst, gsx)
Try and search for your questions and you'll most likely find your answers.

Also check www.2gnt.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts