DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I Recently spun a baring and punched a hole in a valve in my 420A engine doing something stupid and not checking everything first. I have raised some money and i am going to put a 4G63 engine to replace the 420A. I was wondering if the transmission would have to also be replaced.

The transmission is an after-market transmission and is not a regular eclipse manual transmission because my car had a manual overhaul done on it.

1996 mitsu eclipse gs non turbo.

Thank you for your feedback
-David

·
Registered
361 Posts
If you do a bit more searching you'll figure out that absolutely nothing is compatible between the 4g63 and the 420a. Put another 420a engine in.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
ManInBlack said:
If you do a bit more searching you'll figure out that absolutely nothing is compatible between the 4g63 and the 420a. Put another 420a engine in.

Agreed the search button is your friend!

But unless you have a crap load of money or some seriously great fab skills, you can forget about dropping a 4g63 in your bay. Your only 3 options are:

-Replace with another 420a
-Sell the car and buy a car that came with a 4g63
-Buy a nice reliable honda

Im going to lock this due to the lack of using the search button and to prevent you from getting flammed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.