DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had an intake cam seize on me on Monday. Also for some reason I melted the ground wire on the throttle body to fire wall when this happened. So I replaced the head and made a new ground wire. Well now my engine won't turn over. It just spins and spins. I smell gas so that is out of the question but when I pulled the spark plug and had my Dad turn the engine over I don't have that bright or intense spark it is little. Also the same for the other 3 cylinders. I have seen Briggs & Stratton engines with better spark than mine. Does this sound like my coil pack got fried or what? Did I forget a ground or blow a fuse somewhere? I am lost and pissed any suggestions on where to look would be great!

My mods are a 6bolt w/ 2g head and 1g CAS,14b,3" exhaust,intake,S-AFC,Profec B

Later
-Matt

·
Registered
309 Posts
Check your timing carefully my man...Don't expect the 4th of July on the spark. You either have spark or not, but it sounds to me like the spark is occuring at the wrong time. double check the marks and reindex the belt if needed

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Timing

Well I was wondering about that. So if I happen to be off a tooth and not both lines on the cams line up would this cause this to happen or should I look somewhere else for the problem (My exhaust cam is one tooth lower than it should be but I thought it would still start, maybe not....)?

Could I of burned out my 1g CAS when the ground wire fried?

Sorry man I am still searching possibilities and I didn't get to play around with it today so I am a little pissed about that to. Damn girlfriend had me running all over town today:rolleyes:

Thanks
-Matt Weber

1 - 3 of 3 Posts