DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full name: David Womer

PayPal email address: [email protected]

Description of Services/good Offered: Custom EPROM chips.
I have a long list of individual mods I can put on a chip, almost anything. Just let me know what you want.

Here's the complete, full list of EPROM mods I offer:

Raise Rev Limit
Remove Fuelcut
Raise Idle Speed
Injector size compensation with deadtime/latency adjustment
MAF comp for 2G or EVO MAF
Basic Stutterbox- no clutchwire needed
Stutterbox with NLTS- requires clutchwire
Anti-Lag with Stutterbox
Octane Reset
High Speed Closed Loop
Double MAF Hz Logging Range
Extended Range Fuel and Timing Maps- for >20psi
High RPM timing Map Range
Injector Pulsewidth Cap Removed
Convert factory 'Boost' gauge to Knock gauge
Use CEL for shift light, high coolant temp warning light, knock warning light, or ?
Phantom Knock code- can be set to high or low threshold
Lightweight flywheel/ anti-stall adjustments
Low Temp thermostat compensation
Convert California code to Federal code and eliminate throwing a CEL for EGR
Raise idle speed when Power Steering is used- great for autox/RR
Idle Surge Reduction
Custom fuel map to match your local gas/octane

Custom timing map! The stock timing map has a few pits in it that become noticeable as soon as you upgrade turbos. The 2 main areas that need fixing are around 2500rpm and above 6k rpm. At 2500 rpm the factory timing map pulls up to 5 degrees of timing during spoolup, which helps spool the turbo. But that only helps if you still have a 14b! Larger turbos spoolup later, so pulling timing at 2500rpm just adds lag and kills low end power. The stock timing map also falls off above 6K rpm, not good if you have a turbo that keeps flowing at high rpm. The custom timing map matches the torque curve of your turbo/cam/intake combination and expected boost level for best power without knock.

Let me know if there's any questions about any mods or what they do. If you want something that's not on the list, just let me know. I cann also write custom code if you want something that hasn't been done before.

To get the most out of a custom chip it's recommended that you have something to fine tune the car such as a SAFC or AFPR.

Typical turnaround time is 1 -2 days.

Prices vary according to the level of chip. Basic chips start at $50 and include fuel cut removal, maf comp, injector size and deadtime comp, knock gauge, octane reset, and one or two other easy mods. High level chips can go up to $100. Just pick and choose the mods from the list. The final price depends on the mods you want on the chip. PM me for more details. Thanks!

Services offered in this forum are limited to $100.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just remembered another code mod I can put on a chip!

-Hot Start Enrichment-

If your car tends to stall and sputter for a minute after a hot start, I can make adjustments to the code so it runs nice. I've been using it in my daily driver for the past year, and I really like it.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Great, I've been looking for a chip for my DD. I'll be ordering one soon.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
Great, I've been looking for a chip for my DD. I'll be ordering one soon.
Thanks Frankozz! I'll be glad to help out.

Snot Rocket said:
Can you do anything with EPROM TCU for the auto guys?
There's some nice TCU mods posted in the DSM-ECU list, but I haven't tried any yet since my DSM's are all manual. I'm only comfortable offering EPROM mods that I've used and tested myself, unless you have a high tolerance for risk and experimentation? :) Then maybe I can work with you on this.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hot Start enrichment is most usefull in Summer when it's hot outside. It kicks in when engine coolant temp is above 195*F and air intake temp is over 120*F. It has no effect when the engine is cold. Anytime ECT or AIT are lower than those limits the ecu uses stock startup enrichment. If your car runs weak or sputters for a minute after a hot start I can adjust the code so it runs slightly richer for the first minute after a hot start.

More Timing Maps! 2G Timing Map and 1G/2G combined timing map.
I forgot I had these in my files!
The 2G timing map is excellent for built motors running higher compression.
The 1G/2G Combined Timing Map uses the stock 1G map when in vacuum and low boost, then gradually transitions to the 2G timing map when in boost. It's great for running more boost on a stock motor.

·
Honorary Moderator
3,879 Posts
Cleaning this thread up for OP. It is hardly the place to discuss vehicle builds and fuel milage not based on original message. We have the PM system for the members who would like to do that.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update!

I'd like to thank everyone for their interest, I hope your cars are running great!

I also want to say a few words about the Check Engine Light (CEL) code.
The mods I add to the CEL code help keep the car running safely so you don't accidentally hurt the engine before you see any warning signs.

I typically set the chip so the CEL turns on when knock goes over 9 counts, which is the same as 3 degrees of timing retard. That's a nice safe setting.

I also like to have the CEL turn on when coolant temps go over 220 degrees F. This is enough to give you a warning before it gets too hot so you can ease up before anything bad happens. I've run my Laser up to 233 degrees F with no ill effects, and it's still on the original engine with 279k miles and it still has 150 compression across all 4! Early warning is the key to good durability.

As usual, let me know if there's anymore questions!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can you add the code to actuate the cyclone butterflies using an unused solenoid?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great, I will order as soon as I decide on injectors!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts