DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts
this is definatly a nice product. Most ERL stuff is top notch. I cant afford their machine work but this i may haft to get.

Steve93Talon said:
As I mentioned in my previous post, it's a BW S258. It's in the .70 T3 housing. Mods are FP2s, 3", 2600, 255, 950s, FPR, DSMlink, 2G MAF, and FMIC. Bone stock engine down to the head bolts.
Another long-live stock 6-bolt motor!:) Congrats on HP numbers.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Congrats Steve! Would have made it to that Dyno Meet had work not sent me back to Mexico. Will be hitting the track next week, and with the emissions/inspection monkey off my back, gonna turn the wick up a bit.

I had the opportunity to this Steve's manifold when he brought it to our shop for the JNZ dyno Event. I was impressed.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
JL_90AWD said:
Congrats Steve! Would have made it to that Dyno Meet had work not sent me back to Mexico. Will be hitting the track next week, and with the emissions/inspection monkey off my back, gonna turn the wick up a bit.
Was a bit slick at the track with the cooler weather and my crappy street tires, so with me skating 1st-2nd (1.88 60' :puke:) my best was an 11.88 @ 122.4 running 25psi on 93octane and an M5 Water Injection kit.

My best prior time with a 50-trim / 2G Manifold / Tial44 off the O2 Housing running 24psi was 12.20 @ 117 with a 1.7x 60'. I know you can't compare apples/oranges, but was pleasantly suprised that this much larger turbo setup performed this well on pump :)

Oh, and after a bit more tuning, I now see 20psi at 4400RPMs (400RPMs more than my old 50-trim). I think having the MBC set for 25psi helps ;)

Nice work John. :D Skating around in the first 2 gears is a GOOD thing. :D

JL_90AWD said:
Was a bit slick at the track with the cooler weather and my crappy street tires, so with me skating 1st-2nd (1.88 60' :puke:) my best was an 11.88 @ 122.4 running 25psi on 93octane and an M5 Water Injection kit.

Ditto for me, ran 11.82 @ 122.89 with a 1.8x 60', spinning through 3rd and squirrelly in 4th. 205/55 16s and cold surface make for fun driving. Can't wait to line these cars up once we get some real tires. :banana:

Discussion starter · #35 ·
XD21 said:
just curious, why would this fit on a 3rd gen?
I know someone had actually tried it out on an '00 with a GT35R but I never heard why it would not fit? Maybe PM teamXXXrob for more info?

fp-green-95tsi said:
I forgot to ask if you were still injecting washer fluid or if you switched to meth?
Brandon, I'm running WalMart Blue thru an M5 nossle for a little extra safety to my stock HG/fasteners as I've tuned to run without it (11:1 AFRs). With the WI, It drops down to 10.8:1. BTW, thanks for the offer on the DRs. I don't think will have the time to make it back to the track this year, but definitely spring. Love to see your new monster in person!

strokintsi said:
OK so where can we buy the manifold I've searched and cam e up empty
Check Post#4 in this thread for info on the GroupBuy I'd posted. If not (as new members may not have Classified access) shoot me a PM.

Steve93Talon said:
Can't wait to line these cars up once we get some real tires
Steve, we've got near identical mods so should be a great matchup :)

One of these days I'll get back out in the garage and make something of these parts. Ill let you know so we can catch up sometime. Offer is still good next season on the dr's too. I would love to see your car on some real meth and a few more psi. Say hello to 130mph traps.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
destroydsm said:
i dont see an option for wastgates, i guess you just have to weld on watever flange for the wastegate your running??
That's the deal. The ERL's W/G runner also needs to be trimmed depending on wastegate choice and how you are running the dump tube which is much more flexible than having to adjust everything else. Just Dry fit the manifold, cut the W/G tube (DieGringer/hacksaw) and pay $20/Free to have a flange TIG'd on locally.

Quick question..

Considering the manifold is cast, is welding a flange on difficult? I heard something about welding cast iron is difficult and that the weld can break very easily..

any help would be appreciated as I plan on buying this manifold and welding on a 44mm flange.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.