DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there ever any DSM meetings in Europe? I just moved to Croatia and brought over my '92 Galant VR-4 with me. As far as I have found, it's the only one on the continent. I'd like to find out if there are any more or perhaps some other DSM enthusiasts in Europe.

------------------
Jason Lipscomb
'92 Galant VR-4

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
Jason, Please post if you find any European get-togethers or DSM enthusiast sites... I am curious as to what the DSM scene is like over there (if it exists :))

------------------

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi!

I'm from Hungary, Europe.

We've got a website (now under construction) and nearly 20 people who owns DSMs :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey I was living in Germany about 4 months ago and had my DSM over there. I was in Ramstein and we had about 6 DSM's there. We also had another one from the Neitherlands. They are there you just have to really look. Hope you have fun, I know I did.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got a Laser. Only RS Turbo in Ireland and possibly Europe.
I know there are a few in England but they are all posing show cars. I got arrested the day after mine came off the boat from Chicago for doing 145 out the dual carraigeway on Illinois plates. It was hilarious. :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey where in zegreb are u i have my srt-4 in bosnia (banja-luka) i will be there this summer maybe we can meet up and chill and i might be bringing my GSX over too

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,615 Posts
How bad is it bringing one of those over? I'm possibly going to Germany for a year starting this summer, and am trying to find out more about doing this. My car has no emissions (pcv, charcoal canister, minimum vacuum lines, no cat,..). How bad is shipping costs? I'm also debating picking up a Vette or something to sell while I'm over there, if the import tax won't kill it. I could possibly get my work to pay to ship the car over instead of them paying for one while I'm over there. I'd especially like to hear from the people in Germany that have done this. But any country would be good for an idea on shipping and time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
well its very easy to ship i shipped my 2004 srt-4 and my 1999 intrepid to croatia for $2400 it took about 4 weeks when i got there i had to pay some small fees on the borders but thats about it and last year i sold the intrepid for $1500euros thats like $18000dollars and the car here is worth like 7grand made a huge profit plus it was funn driving them around u get so much attention fromm people especialy with the srt-4 but yee u shouldent have any probloms i still drive my srt-4 on the IL plates with no problom.

·
Elite DSMtalker
681 Posts
Since its a 1993 it shouldn't be too much problems. You should try to get more information from the German TUV (inspection) on import documents. And then there are some possible nuances with regards to parking lights etc.

·
Registered
173 Posts
mike83 said:
well its very easy to ship i shipped my 2004 srt-4 and my 1999 intrepid to croatia for $2400 it took about 4 weeks when i got there i had to pay some small fees on the borders but thats about it and last year i sold the intrepid for $1500euros thats like $18000dollars and the car here is worth like 7grand made a huge profit plus it was funn driving them around u get so much attention fromm people especialy with the srt-4 but yee u shouldent have any probloms i still drive my srt-4 on the IL plates with no problom.
1500 euros is like 1800 something not 18000.

0.814598 EUR is the exchange rate.

You made like 300 bucks.

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,615 Posts
One thing I'm debating is bringing over a new Z06 Vette, and selling it before I come back. Any idea what those are going for? Speaking to a guy at work, he thinks I just need to own it for 6 months prior to paying sales tax when I get rid of it. I'm not sure what sort of testing/inspections would be required.

·
Elite DSMtalker
681 Posts
1439/2000 said:
1500 euros is like 1800 something not 18000.

0.814598 EUR is the exchange rate.

You made like 300 bucks.
I think he already corrected himself that it was 15'000 EUR ;)

·
Elite DSMtalker
681 Posts
scotthidley said:
One thing I'm debating is bringing over a new Z06 Vette, and selling it before I come back. Any idea what those are going for? Speaking to a guy at work, he thinks I just need to own it for 6 months prior to paying sales tax when I get rid of it. I'm not sure what sort of testing/inspections would be required.
If the Vette is post 2001 make year, then you'll have to make certification of the car that can cost up to ~2000US$.

My advice would be to come here first, get all the details and then ask somebody to ship the car to you if you still think its worthwhile.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I lived in Germany for about 2 1/2 years and the emissions stuff isn't a problem. The only thing you have to worry about is safety stuff. Like oil leaks and torn axle boots and tie rod links and you have to pass a break and suspension test. It kind of sucks, but every year I had to pass it. The funny part is the German's have to test drive your car and it was funny as hell watching them, because when the guy would get on it you could see he was shocked. They always used to ask me about my car and what it was. The biggest problem I had was the front license plate. I had taken out my fog lights and put it in there. Just so you know in Germany you can get a really small plate instead of the big ones you see on TV. Anyway, some of the inspector's didn't like that, so I always had to move it. Hope you have fun in Germany.

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,615 Posts
My company is sending me last minute now. Anybody live near Bamburg or Coburg? Either I let them find an apartment for me, or I need to find one for myself. This trip will be for 2 weeks, then at the end of May, I'll head over there for 4-5 months. The bad part is they'll be sending me before I get to take any German classes.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts