DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropping in to say hello.

Who is still here and what the hell are you up to?

Does ekool still own the board and shit ads onto everything that moves?

:tat:

:cool:

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's some pictures of the girls.

Red looks like this now. The red headlights and unpainted hood are temporary... one of these days I might get around to finishing that E46 HID retrofit into my other lights.

4th of July last year. With the stupid company car. It pays for the other two... :rolleyes:

Shakira got new shoes. 285s on the rear because why the hell not. (full album)

Setrab oil cooler, buttoned this up yesterday. She was parked a few months ago due to a leaky oil cooler line while I figured out what I wanted to do about it.

What they do when I'm not around... kinda boring.

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahaha, good to see you're still alive -n- kickin. I'm still here.
Why am i not surprised.... :chair:lol

Im still here even longer! lol. Still working on the Dsm's buddy!
I haven't touched a 4G63 in so long. i still drop by my buddy's shop (which started as a DSM shop and still does a good bit of that business) every once in a while. Amazingly, people do still have those cars. Some of them even run!

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sean! Talk to me about these crappy summit fuel fittings. AN stuff, or what?

I just ordered some Summit brand AN stuff for Red.... will be adapting the stock hardline at the firewall to -6, jumping up to -8, and running the -8 filter I used to have on the Talon.

Funny that the headlights just don't go with the car. They are pristine condition 97 lexan headlights that I picked up for next to nothing from a cool local guy with an even-cleaner-than-mine VR-4. He just wanted them out of his garage...

Steve... you don't have to "try" to leave. It just happens! :D

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
-10 an hose ends on my fuel lines. Both 45* and 90* they are anywhere from just "moist" to seeping to flat out leaks where they swivel/twist. They are "fairly" old, 5 years probably and have been dry for most of their life cause of how much the car sits but I've never run any exotic fuels or anything through them.

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What brand of hose, out of curiosity? I guess it doesn't matter too much, as something from 5 years ago probably has little in common with what Summit is shipping today.

I am just using some straight hose ends and NPT adapter fittings from them. Angled hose ends are all leftover XRP and Aeroquip from the Talon. Using Earl's hose.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
What brand of hose, out of curiosity? I guess it doesn't matter too much, as something from 5 years ago probably has little in common with what Summit is shipping today.

I am just using some straight hose ends and NPT adapter fittings from them. Angled hose ends are all leftover XRP and Aeroquip from the Talon. Using Earl's hose.
It's summit hose as well but it's the oring internal to the fitting that is the problem. Maybe it would be ok if it had been in continuous use but I have found a few other people complaining of similar issues with them. If you aren't using swivel fittings from them then you are probably fine as all of my straight hose ends still hold pressure fine.

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup, the only Summit fittings I'll have are straight hose ends, and some straight NPT adapter fittings. No swivels - those are all XRP or Aeroquip. Thanks for the info :D

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,615 Posts
I'm still lurking around. I finally got my car running this year. It skipped timing and I've tossed it back in the garage for now. I'll put a new belt on this winter. I don't think there's any damage, I just haven't felt like dealing with it for now. On a side note, it's had a total crap tune. I only have the equivalent of an AFC and my logger doesn't work anymore. My understanding with having a 2.3 is that I need something to also control timing. I'm half tempted to put my near stock head back on during the timing belt swap and see if I can manage a more streetable tune at this point.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts