DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Honorary Administrator
17,452 Posts
No, I haven't been there in about 5 years now. I still work in the aftermarket car business but for a different company called R/T Tuning.

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,615 Posts
Howdy. I finally got promoted to the North American Engineering Manager for our division. I got a small bump in pay and now get a bonus. I'm glad I finally got a management position, I've been trying for a long time. I've done very little to the Talon this year simply due to lack of motivation. But I have picked up a 4 spider diff, some stoptech's for it and speed density.

·
Honorary Moderator
2,723 Posts
I've been putting ~200 miles a year on my Talon but this year I got involved in a little list street racing which was really fun. I made it to #3 and finally lost to a ctsv that runs low 10s at the track. I put almost 900 miles on the car and enjoyed it for the first time in 4-5 years.

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I'm just getting back to working on the red car. Bought a house March last year, getting married in a few weeks.... etc.

Of course the house and move had to happen when I had the car torn down for upgrades. So I had house shit to do, then garage setup shit to do (which still isn't done, but it's good enough to get by) and now, finally -- a year and a half after moving I can work on the car.

If I thrash just hard enough on it, I might be able to use it as getaway car from the wedding ceremony.... albeit untuned and on wastegate only. Maybe I can get the engine bay buttoned up this weekend and that'll give me time to chase any issues down.

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Proof that the red car is a thing again...

Engine bay mostly put back together...

And this is how she ended up. Just in time for the wedding. Detailed her the morning-of... :D

It was a circle driveway, and you better believe I looped through and gave 'em some boost.

·
Honorary Moderator
2,723 Posts
Wow, very nice.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts