DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
For performance i would go with a full turboback exhaust, and cat eliminated if you can 3" all the way. As far as brands go i prefer to build my own but if you dont have access to the equipment for that, the megan racing exhaust and some of the ebay exhaust have worked quite well for people and arent that expensive.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I had a local DSM shop fab and weld mine up, full turbo back exhaust. Sounds awesome, very deep tone, not ricey. Also, I wasn't stuck with one of the ugly mufflers that some of the pre-fabbed kits come with.

Anyway, it was cheaper, and personally, I think the quality is better because if I have issues, they cover it for life.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
Please, everyone take a look at rule #7 again.

If you're going to do it, do the whole thing. Cat-backs alone don't do much, DP's alone don't do much. Together they do a lot.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm happy with my 3" from Extreme, but it's a 1g system. I'm sure they make 2g's as well. Thermal also makes excellent setups, if you like a nice deep sound that's not too overpowering.

Or, you could find a local shop that can bend piping, buy a 3" Magnaflow off Ebay, and have the shop weld it all up.

·
Registered
686 Posts
To save some cash with an exhaust system you could.

I bought a megan racing 3" downpipe off ebay, had an exhaust built from a local shop (not the best work) and bought a magnaflow muffler. sound was good and wasn't that loud at all considering it was 3inches.

here's some photos:

2G AWD

on mine i just dont like the way the welds look:dunno: or the bends. :chair:

·
Registered
686 Posts
FunWheelDrive said:
Haha yeah I hear ya. At least you got 3'' so that way, at worst its like have a 2.5''.

Unless youre getting past the 300 mark, 2.5'' and 3'' really dont make a difference.

Wasn't past that mark. Last setup on the 2G was [email protected] with all supporting mods. :tat:

good luck with your decision OP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
i love the carbon wrap on the HKLS my buddy has an 02 WRX with one but im probly just goin to stick to the original lol. But thanks for the pics also ill probly go with the megan down pipe and figure something outt for the muffler lol. but i just got done rolling with a new cobalt SS turbocharged and its quick lol ill get some pics tomorrow and post them of our two cars.
Thanks, Trent
PS. just got done looking for one and well i cant seem to find one for a FWD just wondering if an AWD would hook up to it the same?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alrighty i went to the local shop yesterday and he said the only way he would do it is if I buy a chip from him for my O2 sensor. I know that the O2 sensor is behind the CAT, but i didnt think that it would cost $700 to do any help haha.
Thanks, Trent

·
Registered
686 Posts
95trent09 said:
Alrighty i went to the local shop yesterday and he said the only way he would do it is if I buy a chip from him for my O2 sensor. I know that the O2 sensor is behind the CAT, but i didnt think that it would cost $700 to do any help haha.
Thanks, Trent
What the hell? Yeah i wouldnt even bother going to him then. Thats just my opinion. :dunno:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry i have not been able to get on here or in that fact go to other shops. I just got back from Myrtle Beach. Huge Mustang convention. But I am still wondering what I would have to do for my O2 sensor.
Thanks, Trent

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.