DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to take off my exhuast manifold cover, it's just way too ugly for my beautiful (hahaha) engine bay. I just can't stand seeing this big sheet-metal plate there everytime i pop the hood. I have a couple questions first though...

- Will removal cause underhood heat problems at all? Will it allow more hot air out that may affect performance?

- What should I use to remove the rust from the outside of the manifold?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I removed my heat shield for the same reason you want to get rid of yours.... for the rust i think your kinda screwed. your best bet would probally be to go buy that spray thats supposed to keep the heat in the header and they make those in other colors. As for performance it may have a little effect cause your intake is sucking in hotter air, but i personally dont think it makes any difference. if your really worried about heat, get the header wrap! works great!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
i would leave the heat shield on. the exhaust manifold is quite grotesque:D

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sending it to Jet-Hot as soon as I can spare some time away from my car again. It's gettin more stuff done to it at the moment, then in a few more days I'll be getting my new muffler put on. Hopefully sometime next week I'll be able to send it out, I'll let you guys know how it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts