DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 eclipse RS. What kinds of Bolt-On Axle-back Exhausts are out there? Sure I would like to go with a Tanabe, Apexi, or HKS Cat-back exhaust system, but they cost more than I am willing to pay. Besides I am not racing the car, don't plan to get new headers, so the extra HP won't be worth the extra dollars for me... Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you're not going for the "big can" look try looking for a stock 97-99 GST system. It should be a direct bolt on and looks good too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone heard anything about Naxos or Nakayama Mufflers? I am thinking about purchasing one, so any feedback would be appreciated

·
Registered
315 Posts
Does anyone know of a good 2.5" cat back system that is not too loud? I really like the RSR system on a fellow NYCDSMers' car, but it is discontinued. I've heard that the APEXi RS series was similar to the RSR, but apparently that line is discontinued too.

I see that APEXi has a world sport line is this a replacement for the RS line? Has anyone used this system?

I want to be fast, but stealthy!

------------------
95GSX

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm also looking for a cat back for
my GST. I've talked to several local
shops and the options seem to be either
the Greddy SP - one shop said the EVO
would fit too, and the HKS Turbo.

Any experiences with the Greddy or HKS?

I also want to be fast but stealth, specially
since there have been talks about people
getting tickets for noise around the bay area.

joe
--
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ohmygawd:
Does anyone know of a good 2.5" cat back system that is not too loud? I really like the RSR system on a fellow NYCDSMers' car, but it is discontinued. I've heard that the APEXi RS series was similar to the RSR, but apparently that line is discontinued too.

I see that APEXi has a world sport line is this a replacement for the RS line? Has anyone used this system?

I want to be fast, but stealthy!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have a GReddy SP exhaust and I love it! Sounds very nice and was just as easy to put it on. BUT! If you want to add a downpipe or a cat (test pipe) the GReddy flanges down to 1.75" to bolt on to the stock cat. So it will have to be modified to fit. Besides that it alone freed up 1psi.

------------------
'99 GST
http://www.geocities.com/mospeed9844
Akimoto Air Fitler
GReddy BOV
GReddy Intercooler Piping
GReddy Cat-Back
GReddy Profec B
Front and Rear Strut Bars

1 - 6 of 6 Posts