DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
i dont think so but it will be extremely loud and trust me you will get noticed. I have probably the loudest exhaust for a 2g the ATR 3in exhaust. also you will gain alot of hp.

[This message has been edited by Frank (edited October 04, 2000).]

·
Registered
76 Posts
i know someone who runs 3" piping no cat no muffler..he just welded a nice tip on it. he has no probs wutsoever..has great power..but oh my gawd is it loud. hehe sounds kinda neat tho..im lookin for a loud exhaust im goin for the ATR. btw he paid 60$ to have that system made.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You can burn your valves.

--Tim

·
Registered
491 Posts
No, I'm not sure what you mean by "burn your valves", but you shouldn't do any harm. You need to at least keep your downpipe on, though - otherwise, that red-hot exhaust will be dumping right out of the 02 into your engine compartment, and you're likely to melt wires/fans/oil lines/etc. Also, if you run without your cat or cat-back for an extended period of time, the underside of your car will get black as hell!

Many run without their cat/catback at the track, but it's not a good idea around town - VERY loud!!

------------------
1993 Forest Talon AWD - modified

1 - 5 of 5 Posts