DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My setup includes the Brode UICP with the 1G BOV. I have a TurboXS HP-MBC. When driving at partial throttle, and also when the BOV vents, I get an additional whistle noise after it vents. Sometimes when just driving in traffic on the interstate, at partial throttle I can hear a whistle noise. Sometimes its short, but usually it lasts a few seconds (depending on throttle position)

I have checked for intake leaks, and there are none. I don't know that this is really a problem, but I was curious if anyone else has this type of thing happen with the same setup. If you have had experience with something like this, was something wrong or how did you solve it?

·
Registered
292 Posts
mie does similar.. i let off and there is the usual hiss but afterward for up to several seconds there is a semi-low steady whistle.. wierd huh.

·
Registered
293 Posts
There has been alot of talk about that whistle recently. The fact is, it's quite normal for he 1g BOV's to whistle slightly while under vac (about -16 for the most part) Mine does it all the time. Thats nothing to worry about. If it's doing it at other times then maybe something else is up, can't say much about that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok cool, I wasn't too worried, but it is good to know that its normal.

Has anyone figured out why it whistles or how to stop the whistle? Is it is just leaking? I tested my BOV and it was good to at least 18psi... or is this some sort of reverse leak, with the motor actually pulling in air through the BOV? Obviously I wouldn't want to do anything serious or that would effect performance, but if it were something simple and reversible I would like to try it.

·
Registered
930 Posts
The whistle, is from the BOV not shuting all the way. It is opened slightly, hence the whistling. Crushing will help prevent this, but may not totally eliminate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts