DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my o2 dump was put on the o2 sensor blocks where the fan infront of the exhaust manifold is. So i dont have my fan there will i overheat without it? Will something bad happen with just one fan? Thanks

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
One G guy here but don't the 2G's have the fans reversed - A/C fan on the passenger side?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Thanks igs.

The A/C fan really isn't for A/C. It is just another fan to aid cooling when the A/C is on. But the passenger side fan runs A/C or not so you don't want to remove it.

My car came from the assembly plant with a nonworking A/C fan. I had driven it through a hot summer before I realized I had never seen the second fan on. But this was a car in new condition. You hear of cars overheating with both fans on.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Yea I'm sure you can find a slimline fan that will fit.

1BADDSM - Haven't seen you posting around here in a while! :)

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
1BADDSM said:
While this isn't a very important fan as it's primarely for the AC, your A/C won't work while being parked or going say under 30mph without this fan. Also it is a last resort for a car before it overheats, so it isn't imperative, but you may want to get a slim fan to put in there.

~jm
Yeah, good point, my fan didn't work but was still installed and the wiring was all there. Pull the A/C fan and the other fan is going to cycle off an on with A/C on. So, part of the time you will have no A/C if the car is not moving - that is if a 2G is wired like my car.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can i heat up the sensor and bend it to make the fan fit? Or should i buy a smaller fan that will fit? Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
If you are referring to the box on the A/C fan, that's not a sensor, just a resistor. When the A/C is on both fans run but switch between high speed and low speed as needed. A relay switches the power feed through the resistor creating the low speed.

If the box is in the way, relocate it. Resistors get hot so it is on the fan for cooling but can be located anywhere some air is moving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts