DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup all. I just installed the Greddy IC piping and man...what a difference! I'm not at all disappointed with my purchase. I want to do some more upgrades to make it faster (and avoid fuel cut as much as possible). I want to keep the stock turbo and cat for now. But I want to upgrade the other parts around the turbo and cat. Here are my plans. Do you guys think I need to add anything to this plan? And please feel free to suggest which brands I should go with. Thanks!

1. Downpipe
2. upgraded fuel pump
3. air/fuel gauge (I guess not for perfomance..=) )
4. port and polish the O2 housing and exhaust manifold.

------------------
Ray
1998 Eclipse GST
Mods: 3" Thermal R&D, Greddy TypeS bov, Greddy IC Piping, Magnecores, dump tube removal, MBC, Sprint Lowering springs, strut bars, Autometer gauges, HKS timer, custom interior, 17" performance rims

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hey what's up man. Remember if you have a bigger downpipe and stock cat you still got a restriction, pretty big I think. I got a 3" downpipe, 3"cat, and 3" catback all done for 600 bucks, this place its closed now and a friend of a friend was the manager there, so I got a deal. I hardwired my fuel pump but should get a new one too... I tried the Autometer gauge and couldn't get it to work. I wanna get the Jumptronix one for a digital readout so when you're tuning it's more exact. .XX readout is pretty good I think. And my dad has an air compressor and I am gonna buy porting tools and bits probably so I wanna do some porting over here. I doubt this answers any of your questions but I thought I'd say something. Later!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the Autometer A/F gauge. It only goes up in .05v increments... Which sucks, but its the same brand as my EGT and boost, so I had to keep it looking the same :D

You might want to consider getting the EVO3 O2 housing from forced performance, the passages are much bigger than a ported stock housing. Although, I'd rather just port the stock housing, as I'm a cheap bastard.

Jack
98GST

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike,

Have you smogged your car yet with your 3" cat? I just want to make sure it passes. You already know its a bit** to get it smogged here in SD. The problem I would have is my 3" Thermals. It has a 2.5" flange to mount with the stock cat. I guess I would have to get it modified. I guess it would be a waste of time to get the DP if my cat is still restictive right? Why couldn't you get the A/F to work? I was going to get one too but since you had problems with it I don't think I want to waste my time with it. Sublime was right though, I wanted that Autometer because it would match my boost gauge. Oh yeah..have you taken your car yet to Diamond Star Tuning up north? I wonder if they can port and polish my O2 and manifold...thanks for the input man!

Sublime,

hehehe...your like me...cheap bastard...=)

------------------
Ray
1998 Eclipse GST
Mods: 3" Thermal R&D, Greddy TypeS bov, Greddy IC Piping, Magnecores, dump tube removal, MBC, Sprint Lowering springs, strut bars, Autometer gauges, HKS timer, custom interior, 17" performance rims

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
Sublime--you can send you autometer a/f guage to a guy that posted on the digest and have it modified. A modified guage starts at .77v and ends at something like .98v with much smaller increments. Search the archives for the guy, it was only posted recently.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I sent mu Autometer A/F to him and what a smooth transaction. I got it back in 4days and I trust it alot more now. :)

------------------
'99 GST
http://www.geocities.com/mospeed9844
Akimoto Air Fitler
GReddy BOV
GReddy Intercooler Piping
GReddy Cat-Back
GReddy Profec B
GReddy Boost and EGT Gauge
Autometer Air/Fuel Meter
Front and Rear Strut Bars

·
Registered
333 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......... do NOT go to Diamond Star Tuning..... that guy TJ who about lives in that square that he calls a shop will screw you.
i can give you names to at least 5 people i know who have been screwed by him.
everything from charging people for parts that he never installed, removing parts that he needed for someone elses car, to breaking things while installing parts then covering up his damage hoping no one would notice. charging for port work he never did then saying he must of put wrong manifold on the car... yea right!!! my friend also supposedly had all his vavles replaced and guides to come to find out 2 months later that 4 had been replaced but he paid for 16.

well, enough said on that........

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Imagine the increase you'll see when you open up that exhaust to match the intake! You will be glad you did. In order to flow alot of air in, you have to be able to get it out. Generally speaking, you should always upgrade exhaust from the muffler and then work towards the block. *IMO* I would do the dp and cat at the same time, first. Then do the fuel pump, and the porting next, in that order. FYI - I've ordered the Jumptronix A/F gauge from RRE, and they are currently on backorder.
delays, delays...sheesh.
With dp and cat your spool up time is right now!

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ahh thanks for the link! I remember this guy, but I don't remember why I didn't do it back then. But oh well... better late than never. Thanks guys

Jack

·
Registered
482 Posts
Oops I responded a little in your downpipe post. I havent smogged it yet, as I just bought it and dont need to for 2 years. Yeah I got some electrical problems, so my Autometer air/fuel doesn't work, and I havent had the time to go up to Diamond Star Tuning yet, bt I really want to... Have you seen their website??? http://maxpages.com/dst

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
thanks for the input on Diamond Star Tuning! :\

[This message has been edited by greenstreak (edited September 30, 2000).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts