DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Elite DSMtalker
5,037 Posts
They call it a Fel-Blo for a reason. However, the Metal version from Fel-pro is currently ran by some of the fastest DSMs and has held up incredibly well. If you are not pushing high HP, and do not have a properly prepped head and block, I would not run a metal HG though. Stick with an OEM composite with a nice set of studs and you will go quite a ways.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I havnt dynod my car yet, but I have 2g MAF, evo3 big 16g, 255lph walbro 680 cc injectors, FMIC,44mm external tial wg. Im kinda low on cash and already have this.. but you guys are saying installing this is a bad idea?

·
Registered
183 Posts
turn your car to 20PSi and youll blow a HG. fel pro is fine, except their headgaskets.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I do run my car at 20 psi. But thats only when im showing off/I know ill see some hondas or something lol. Otherwise I set it to around 10-12. 1gawd4g63, are you using the composite one im talking about?

·
Registered
426 Posts
1gawd4g63 said:
Funny thing is that i have been running them for years with arp studs, and i've made upwards of 500 horsepower MANY times with a little ole felpro gasket.
I have too. With arp studs and a felpro gasket, I had my base timing set wrong once and I had audible pinging and the head gasket survived. I think people are quick to blame a head gasket, when they should take a step back and look at what causes a blown head gasket and what went wrong.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
The inner ring isn't what goes bad on them, the composite material is usually what fails. "Pinging" is not what damages that.

·
Registered
426 Posts
K_Mans_TSI said:
The inner ring isn't what goes bad on them, the composite material is usually what fails. "Pinging" is not what damages that.
Interesting. Can't say that I have ever had a problem with that. FWIW I only used the gasket because it came with my engine gasket kit. Now I just order full Mitsu kits from JNZ. :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
On ka-t.org for the 2.4 ka motor on the 240sx, most of them use the felpro hg up to 500whp. Some reason the KA's hate commetics or oem. 420a's loved commetic but hate felpro and oem. I guess each motor their is a certain gasket that works the best.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.