DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother is having trouble with his 97rs, which has a star t3/t4 turbo kit and a newly rebuilt engine... je pistons, eagel rods. (he broke in his rebuilt engine properly already)

ok his problem is... he is having problem getting sufficiant fuel. he upgraded his stock 240 cc injecters and 12 to 1 fmu (feul management unit) to 310 (30lbs) cc injecters and an 8 to 1 fmu. his static feul pressure is 50psi, which is the same as before. When he starts to make boost the fuel pressure doesn't rise.

he checked his fmu and everything is fine

example: in fith gear going 50mph... decides to hit WOT. He knows that his turbo is not spooled yet but his boost gauge starts reading positive boost (like 5psi or so). his fuel pressure doesn't go up. He knows that he's not making boost and get scared so he lets off.

help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
What fuel pump is featured here ? What is the base pressure normally at ? Is there an adjustable fuel pressure regulator present ? That's like 8 pounds higher than a factory turbo car !

Those injectors seem awefully small to me, but I'm not too fluent in N/T to Turbo overhauls. Factory turbo car injectors are 450s, I believe. I use 660s now.

Seems like the condition is that that vehicle is running rich enough to not need to have the base fuel pressure rise with boost ? I'd consult a logger of some sort at this point to check O2 values and fuel trim calculations.

Just some mind wanderings, hope some can be helpful.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Moved to Non-Turbo tech.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah... my brothers car is running a rich idle, but when he used to boost before the rebuilt engine his feul pressure was 50psi standard and jumped to around 80 - 90 psi under boost. and he sees no change now... i agree 310cc injecters is really small but he would need an afc with anything higher so the ecu doesn't go ballistic on him, so he's not running much boost, i think he's staying around 10psi for a while.

he has an upgrade feul pump but i don't know what kind or at what rate it pumps fuel

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts