DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have searched this topic and have read multiple threads for the past hour. When I start my 92 laser turbo up the car stalls, you have to hold your foot on the gas for a little bit befor it will idle on its own. Then as the car gets warmer the idle rises, usually peaks at about 2500 rpms. I just replaced the isc and tested it out plus the conections and everythings works, yet it didnt help my idle problem. I tried a new coolant temp sensor, nothing. I blocked off the egr and nothing. Could it be the FIAV? What I got from searching is that a bad FIAV will cause you to have high idle on start-up and the high idle will continue. Thats not what mine is doing exactly but is it possible for it to be stuck closed? I also got this car stock from an old guy so I don't think he would have messed around with the tb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.