DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done some more research and still have a few questions left. At first in a earlier post I asked what the torque specs where for the pessure plate to flywheel. I founbd 14-16lbs for stock and I also read 25lbs if you have a aftermarket clutch like ACT 2600(which I do). I also read you should get new pressure plate bolts everytime you change the clutch. So sense I have a aluminum flywheel and old bolts I figured why not get new bolts that are also longer. Also when I looked at the bolt used last time I noticed all of the pressure plate bolts but one have a 13mm head, 1 has a 12mm head. From my understanding all the bolts should be exactly the same to keep everything balanced. If this is so this is another reason to replace them with new longer bolts. Sorry this is so long but I have exhausted all my other resources.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Get the flywheel bolt kit from Forced Performance. It also includes a flexplate adapter(acts as a big washer to spread the load since aluminum is soft and new studs too. Its what I used when I switched to a alum fw.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thans for the help. The it looks pretty good I might get that next time a do a clutch. I dont have the time to wait now. I think I will just pick up some stuff from the hardware store. Thanks

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Be careful with the hardware store bolts, OEM bolts are often manufactured to more stringent hardness requirements. At the very least make sure to use a Hardened(perhaps Grade 8) bolt.

·
Registered
195 Posts
yea! at least get the OEM ones. i have a Fidanza 8lb with an act2600. i think either the OEMs or ARP were used on mine. damn i cant remember?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts