DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Fidanza aluminum flywheel for my 99 GSX. I have heard nothing but good thing about these flywheels. I am not all that worried about the loss of my ability to lug the engine at low speeds (Parking lots etc.) I do have a question however, and I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet. OK here goes. I understand that the flywheels can NOT be re-ground, so when I need to change my clutch again (Hopefully not for quite some time) I will need to have the steel friction insert replaced. My question is, where can I get this done? Do I need to send it back to Fidanza for this service? Has anyone had this done? Do you know how much it will cost? 1 last thing, does anyone know eactly how much it weighs? I know the AWD flywheels are smaller the the FWD flywheels, but exactly how much rotating mass will I be removing?Thanks for everyones time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has had there flywheel rebuilt? PLEASE someone help me, I need to get this thing up and running again my the15th. I know SOMEONE has had the insert replaced.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You can change the flywheel insert yourself. There are 20 nuts and bolts to remove before you can take the insert off. When you buy the flywheel, you are supposed get a spec sheet that tells you how much to torque the fasteners to. I believe that rre sells the inserts for $80, but im not sure.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks 2g6boltfwd. I didn't think anyone was going to answer. Ok so, when I replace the insert myself, do I need to have the flywheel balanced? I don't need to get this done any time soon (I hope) but I would like to know for future referance. Thanks again 2g6boltfwd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts