DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That I stumbled upon things lol? Or the "Gettin the job done with ONE cam" ;)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking the 12v Cyclone head with the Cam #14622 should do the trick!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hardy Har Har!!! Besides, it's still a DSM so throw out the reliable part ;)

Isn't this SICK though!!! I mean who the F$^% would of decided to make a cam for the SOHC like this lol! The Cyclone head uses manual tappets so that cam may be promissing! Damn, $200 though.... no pain no gain I guess right?

And wow 6 post before anyone saying cam'ing the 1.8 is dumb lol ;)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The site also has leads to the 1.8 Fidanza light weight flywheel and the Unorthodox under drive crank pulley. It's kinda a cool site and easy to navigate through :)

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
$200 isn't bad at all for a decent cam. Us 4G63 guys have to drop $500-$600 on a decent set of cams(well, Delta sells regrinds for $250, but for some reason people don't want those).

BTW do those cyclone heads have jet-cracking problems like the StarQuest heads do? That's the only thing I would worry about.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
There was an act lightened flywheel on ebay and it when for like 300 bucks or something stupid, the funny part was it still weighed in at like 17lbs lol

swade

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The heads are the same MCA Jet Valve, however there are so few in exsistance from the 4G37's that it's hard to say.... Apparently the 4G32bT guys are not having trouble with them. The head is the same as thiers just different valve cover. They have 3 levels of head, Cyclone, Cylone DASH, DASH2. I have no idea between the differences haha. I think a light weight flywheel is over rated, they have pro's and con's but neither lean more than the other.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
So GTA, being is your the 1.8 fella, this motor here v
v
/
v

How similar is this to the 1GB 1.8's? As in ECU, distr. or coil pack, head....
If someone was to use this thing, what would he need to run it. Stock. Do you know?

(link to more info on this) ----> http://www.sunrisejdmmotors.com/engine_details.php?id=113&page=1

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
That looks interesting. I wonder what the output of that motor is vs the 8v 1.8l?

Those exhaust ports looks identical to a 4G63's. Meaning the turbo manifold and stuff would bolt on no issue. The intake manifold looks like a better design too. Nice find sleeps.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
That looks interesting. I wonder what the output of that motor is vs the 8v 1.8l?

Those exhaust ports looks identical to a 4G63's. Meaning the turbo manifold and stuff would bolt on no issue. The intake manifold looks like a better design too. Nice find sleeps.
Uhhh...yes, yes they do look Identical! And what really uchaped my bottom was the price. $325. Can someone say stupid-cheap-gas-getter-with-bolt-on-turbo-parts-for-cheap-in-a-donor-car? :p

Im almost serious though. Even a 1.8 with stock boost like 8-11psi would still net close to 160+ HP. And because its that cheap and has the head design our 4g63 parts will be all over this thing. If it is a narrow block, then Im ganna find something RWD to mate this thing into using the mighty max's tranny. Nother max or s10.

Thought the eclipse 1.8's had a distributor though, this looks coil pack. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
No....no, not MINE in another max. Or an s10 chasis. They are a dime a 1,000, and cheap too like the motor. Ill call it "cheap cheap".

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does that valve cover say 4G93 on it? Yes the exhaust manifold is the 4g6 style. I don't know that well man, if it uses coil packs more than likely the 4g63 ecu could handle it. I forgot to mention.... I thought $200 for a cam was kinda pricey lol. We just cam'd my roomies Thunderbird TC for under $145 and my TTA's cam was like $120. Yea compared to a $600 cam set this is fairly well priced. Great..... Now theres gonna be cam'd 1.8's everywhere.

Sleeps, tell me more about that motor.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I am pretty interested in how much of a difference those cams make.

If you get one man, do a before and after Dyno run if you can.

Edit: Jesus Christ, the DOHC-T one puts out 192HP and 201 lb-ft of torque with a TD04 turbocharger. Imagine what that engine above could do with a stock td05h 14b or 16G setup using stock turbo DSM parts!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.