DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Honorary Administrator
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the Evo with the intent to make turns every once in a while. Today, I was able to realize my vision at a Autocross event. I've never done an autocross event before (though I have done several driver clinics). I must say, this was an awesome event. Most of the people there were able to check their egos at the door.

Here is some pics and a video. More Pics can be found on my site (duh) . www.ziptiebandit.com .

Blog: http://ziptiebandit.com/ztb/?p=44
video: http://ziptiebandit.com/ztb/?page_id=43

·
Registered
312 Posts
Vid doesn't work for me. Looks like fun from the pics though. I would eventually like to try this with the evo too.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
I <3 NOBLE. My brother wants to sell his Elise to get one.... hmmm I can't wait.

·
Registered
628 Posts
video doesnt work for me either. :sad:

·
Honorary Administrator
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Red1991TSI said:
Looks like the Evo is pushing hard into the corner and lifting the rear tire. Have you considered stiffer springs and/or shocks? Just and observation.
I wanted to do this event as stock as possible. I hate it when people just start purposely upgrading. I wanted to see what I needed. The stocks suspension isn't the greatest, but it does make tossing the Evo around, tons of fun!

·
Registered
628 Posts
sry for being retrded, but what is the red car? Looks like a Ferarri

·
Honorary Administrator
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ9m0Cfbx3E

JPJ2007 said:
sry for being retrded, but what is the red car? Looks like a Ferarri
Don't feel bad, most people didn't know what it was. It is a Noble m400. It make 450whp and has a Ford duratec twin turbo V6. Very fast.

·
Registered
299 Posts
gSx-LeX said:
I wanted to do this event as stock as possible. I hate it when people just start purposely upgrading. I wanted to see what I needed. The stocks suspension isn't the greatest, but it does make tossing the Evo around, tons of fun!
Please excuse my ignorance, as I really have no experience with auto-x.
How do you know where to go?

·
Honorary Administrator
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
91EclipseGuy said:
Please excuse my ignorance, as I really have no experience with auto-x.
How do you know where to go?

You are not the first person to ask me this. It actually looks much more complicated than it really is. During the driver's meeting, we get to walk the course, then while the first heat is driving it, you kind of memorize it. Honestly, it is somewhat complicated and many people end up going off track.

·
Honorary Administrator
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
91TSiGuy said:
That particular Evo's seen better autocrossing. :p
Brent beats me on anything that doesn't involve shifting from 3rd to 4th. He seems to have a problem with that ;).

This should help:

·
Honorary Administrator
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
gSx-LeX said:
Brent beats me on anything that doesn't involve shifting from 3rd to 4th. He seems to have a problem with that ;).

This should help:
Detour!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
91TSiGuy said:
I always take my foot off slow enough to catch it before I drop it all the way. Damn pop shifters! :p

Looks like fun. How did that wagon do? LMAO!

I really like your website the way it is now. All those quotes are good too.

·
Honorary Administrator
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
16G_tsi_awd said:
Looks like fun. How did that wagon do? LMAO!
I actually have a video of the wagon. I'll put it up soon. It was insane, his best time was much better then mine.

16G_tsi_awd said:
I really like your website the way it is now. too.
Thanks, I've been getting ALOT of traffic recently. If you like it tell your friends!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I seriously think autox needs to become less obscure. Not mainstream, but a little better known.

It's a great sport, filled with tons of great people. It's rewarding, and can be completely free besides entry fees (you'll need tires more often, but whatevs). The only real requirements are a desire to go fast and desire to learn.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts