DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today was my first day here @ the University of Minnesota-Morris.

All I can say is WOW! There are sooooo many hot women, even in this small ass school. I wish I wasn't such a pussy when it comes to women, I'm so damn shy I can't even talk to them without feeling stupid. Anyone got any good tips on how to get college chicks???

I've seen at least two 5.0's that I can play with up here, but that's about it. No one seems too into cars up here. So no more street racing for a while I guess...

Now all I need is a damn job!!! W/O some cash $$$ no more mods/repairs to the beast!!!

CC

·
Registered
7 Posts
i envy you... the freshman year at college is a wonderfull thing... just dont over do it with the substance abuse... if your dorm is coed you will meet girls that way... and their friends... and there are always the bars... although i dont know how your school is about that... when i was a freshman at west virginia university there were 3 bars on campus that would serve you at 18 with no questions asked... what a year that was... what i remember of it anyway (which isnt much)... anyway make the most of it because these are the best years of your life

·
Registered
565 Posts
i thought high school years are the best?

anyways, i have learned somthin, dont be affraid to talk to girls, whast the wort that can happen, they say they dont want a bf?
but if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life wondering what you missed and hate yourself for it.

do you have a 2nd gen? if so, there ya go, role up to the bar in that and ask some girls if they want a ride home, or even better ask some on campus if they want a ride to the bar. once they see your car, let the flirting begin, can we say road head? if you have a 1st gen, takem for a ride, if its awd, givem a 4k launch, but dont drive too crazy. have fun, its college :D

·
Registered
565 Posts
i thought high school years are the best?

anyways, i have learned somthin, dont be affraid to talk to girls, whats the worst that can happen, they say they dont want a bf?
but if you dont, youll spend the rest of your life wondering what you missed and hate yourself for it.

do you have a 2nd gen? if so, there ya go, role up to the bar in that and ask some girls if they want a ride home, or even better ask some on campus if they want a ride to the bar. once they see your car, let the flirting begin, can we say road head? if you have a 1st gen, takem for a ride, if its awd, givem a 4k launch, but dont drive too crazy. have fun, its college :D

·
Registered
988 Posts
the_faint said:
i envy you... the freshman year at college is a wonderfull thing... just dont over do it with the substance abuse... if your dorm is coed you will meet girls that way... and their friends... and there are always the bars... although i dont know how your school is about that... when i was a freshman at west virginia university there were 3 bars on campus that would serve you at 18 with no questions asked... what a year that was... what i remember of it anyway (which isnt much)... anyway make the most of it because these are the best years of your life
No shit I went to WVU my freshmen year. Morgantown is a great place, I still visit my friends frequently. Nice weekend vacation ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I hear you about the cute girls. Me and a friend just had our first week of KCKCC Community college. The girl selection is pretty limited, but, when a girl is good looking, they are REALLY good looking. Hmmm...I wish there was a good way to break the ice. One idea I've been working on was just go up to a girl and say,

"Hey...you know how life is filled with those moments where, for a fleeting instant, you see someone and feel like you could really make a connection with them, but, you chicken out talking to them and regret it for a long time? Well....I really was tired of regretting not talking to you..."

Either that, or go up to a girl..."Hey...My name is Jon, and...well...I just have to say that you're beautiful. I'll see you around!" and walk off really fast. See if they show any interest after that...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bluntdogg said:

No shit I went to WVU my freshmen year. Morgantown is a great place, I still visit my friends frequently. Nice weekend vacation ;)
Shit i have a couple of friends who go there to0, i go to W&J which is about 30- 40 min away. Funny thing is that I partied more in hidh school than college last year, Have to keep altleast 3.3 for your scholarship = most time is spent studying= not alot of time left for drinking.

·
Registered
46 Posts
AMEN to that man!! :beer:

i went South West Texas State U.... freshman year was a blast coed dorm.....to let u know how fun it was my GPA was a 1.1 after my first year....:D nothing to brag about but it sure was fun

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Ahhh, college. Its all about drinking, don't forget that. Women, their cool, but understand its college. Relationships last, one, maybe two weeks. Just go to parties and socilize. If you're like me, get a 6 pack in ya too wear the edge off. You'll get the nerve to talk to that hottie that way.

Oh yea, do your homework before the drinking starts. Not during of after. If you do it during, it'll get soiled. If you tell youself you'll do it afterwards, it'll never get done. I got a 4.0 my first semester, and I drank the most. NOw I hardly drink at all, and my grades are showing it :confused:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Heh, yes, that's what college is all about right? The women, and the 5.0s you can race. :) Seriously though, remember that you are paying lots of money to get an education. I know of people who got too into the party scene and missed out on getting the most out of their 4 years at school. Heck, I knew a guy who almost flunked out of school because he was playing too much Quake! Go ahead and party, but make sure you still keep your priorities straight. Just a little unsolicited advice from somebody who's been there.

danl, I think I have the reason to why your GPA is higher when you drink the most. It's all about survival of the fittest. In the African savanna, the lions chase the gazelles and catch the lame/weak/diseased/slowest ones, so the herd as a whole gets stronger. In the same way, alcohol kills brain cells, and it gets all the weaker/more susceptible cells first, so you end up with only the best ones surviving. Hence you do end up smarter. :)

·
1,770 Posts
Say, "nice shoes, wana fuck?"
I have used it a few times, and was smacked once. :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Silver TSI said:
Say, "nice shoes, wana fuck?"
I have used it a few times, and was smacked once. :D

A ggod way to use that one and prevent being smacked is right after you say, say something like wait a second don't smack me , my friend over there (point to your friend) bet me 10 bucks that i wouldn't come up to you and say that, then get your friend to come over and give you a 10 that you will give back to him later and there ya go you are in.

·
1,770 Posts
coligan said:

A ggod way to use that one and prevent being smacked is right after you say, say something like wait a second don't smack me , my friend over there (point to your friend) bet me 10 bucks that i wouldn't come up to you and say that, then get your friend to come over and give you a 10 that you will give back to him later and there ya go you are in.
LOL! Thats a good one. :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Silver TSI said:
LOL! Thats a good one. :D

I just sort of came up with one day, i have never tried it, i have been with my girl for over a year and a half now, but i always thought that it would work

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here's the thing about girls:

Most of them don't want lines. Really. You might need to be a little funny with an opener, or have something interesting to talk about, but really they don't want a line. Lines are what you get from guys who just want to get into a girl's pants. (and you don't sound like that's what you're angling for. If it is, disregard this advice)

Girls like to be asked questions. So ask. What dorm are you from, where do you come from, how are you enjoying the party, etc....if they are itnerested in you, they'll open up and talk to you. If not, take the clue and walk...don't be one of those guys who keeps bugging the girls until they throw a fit and walk away frm you or yell at you...it's hard on the self esteem.

Also, if you have the time, grab a friend and head to the gym. If you don't do a lot of working out, you'll be surprised what a little added muscle or definition will do for your self esteem.

Mostly, though, try to have fun and enjoy what you're doing. Girls are into guys who have stuff to talk about and who are enjoying life.

Finally, TALK to them, don't be shy. I know it's hard, I used to be a tremendously shy person (and no one beleives me anymore) but finally I had to come out of that shell and taste life. Do it. I did, and I met a woman who is now my wife. It wasn't the first girl I asked out, it wasn't the first girl I dated, beleive me I had some rotten moments, but I got there, and I am not a terribly attractive guy. I'm a not-terribly-attractive-guy with a hot wife, though :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanx...

Well thanks for the advice guys, I'm gonna try and open up a little bit, I'll let you know how it goes.

Hopefully my 2g Eclipse can help me out some ;)

And maybe if I get drunk enough I'll try a few of those lines...

CC

·
1,770 Posts
Re: Thanx...

v8klla said:
Well thanks for the advice guys, I'm gonna try and open up a little bit, I'll let you know how it goes.

Hopefully my 2g Eclipse can help me out some ;)

And maybe if I get drunk enough I'll try a few of those lines...

CC
The best way to get a good woman, is by being yourself, don't try to be someone your not, it will end up blowing up in your face.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i'm going back to school myself this year after being out for 3 years! i'm going to the art institute of portland, but we don't start until october 7th! and as for talking to girls, trust me, we're not THAT bad. if anything we will be flattered that you come up and talk to us! don't be shy! just go for it!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts